Ch.3:Ready??

"damn, I'm full." I say as I eat the last piece of food on my plate.

My mom looked at me angrily."Watch yo mouth boy. We don't speak like that in my damn house." She says.

"Ma, you just said the word I just said. I thought we don't speak like that in this house." I criticized.

"Well I can say it. I'm the only mufucka who works two jobs in this bitch. I don't see you doing anything." She had a point.

My mom is the only worker in the house. I wanted to get a job, but she told me that she was able to continue to pay the bills. She didn't want work to get in the way of my studies.

I'll be graduating next year in June. On stage, right next to my closest friends Gazzy and Omar.

And my potential hubby, Stokeley.

But anyways...

I just got done eating this bomb ass meal my momma made and on GOD she the best cook don't @ me.

She didn't make anything major since she had to hurry for work at her second job, but damn did she make use of her time.

She made spaghetti and meatballs with homemade garlic bread. Nothing much, like I said, but my mommy made it, that's what makes it bomb, and her the best cook.

By the time she left and me and Jarad finished cleaning the kitchen, we were upstairs in my room. Me picking out an outfit, and Jare texting someone on his phone.

"Jare, which one should I wear?" I questioned. "These? Or these? Oh! I forgot about these!" I was rambling now.

"Damn Nigga, slow down! You just held up a hundred different pants, chill TF out." Jarad yelled.

"O-oh. Sorry. I guess I'm just excited. I haven't been on a date in over a year."
I say sheepishly.

"Shit cuzzo, you ain't tell me you was going on a date. I don't blame you then." He chuckled.

"Well, what do you think? Should I focus on looking thick, or looking cute? Well shit, I'm cute either way it goes, but what do you think?"

"Must be nice to worry about a date." He muttered.

"Nigga don't do this right now please." I begged. Whoever broke my cousin's heart like this needs to be slapped cuz his ass ain't been the same since.

"Aight, aight. Wear them." He pointed.

I followed the direction of his finger to find that he was pointing at one of my favorite pairs of jeans.
They were black with cuts in them, and their high waisted. Of course I'd wear them.

"Oooh! And I know what shirt I'll wear! I'll definitely win that nigga's heart." I say excitedly.

I ran back to my closet and grabbed my black and red checkered shirt with a black tank to go under it. I didn't plan on buttoning it up, so it was gonna look cute one yours truly.

I laid my outfit on my bed, letting Jarad look it over. He gave me a thumbs up, signifying that it looked okay.

I ran to the bathroom to prepare for bed.

Walking to the mirror, I picked up my toothbrush. After a short time, I found my toothpaste and started brushing.

Tomorrow was gonna be a date that I would remember. Even if Stokeley doesn't think of it as a date, I'll make it feel like one.

He's such a sweet guy, and I know he didn't mean to hit me earlier. And I could tell he regretted it allot.

I just hope that tomorrow will be better than ever. It is Saturday after all.