Ch.8: Recovery

It's been a fucking week. All I could ever do was be around Uzi. Anyone else would freak the shit out of me. I can't trust people anymore.

My cellmate, "Danny" had come so close to raping me. So close. But thankfully the guards had come to do their damn jobs at the last second.
The nice guard who came and took me away brought me to Uzi's cell. The guard told Uzi what happened and before I knew it, the little things I owned were brought to his cell. So he was my new cell mate.

I always tried to stay out of Uzi's way. Even though it was hard for me to be around others, I would sometimes try to leave the cell to give him his privacy. He didn't like when I did that though.

Believe it or not, Uzi is a big softie. He was extremely overprotective of me too. Though he didn't like to show it.

He held me the night I was brought to his cell. It was traumatizing to feel hands caressing me that weren't Stokeley's, but then I realized that Uzi wasn't a threat. He'd actually warned me. He looked out for me when I hadn't even known him.

And plus, what did I have to lose at that moment?

Now that I think about it, why did the guard just come straight to Uzi? Why did he talk to him so comfortably, as if he wasn't a prisoner? They talked like people that knew each other personally. But whatever.

At the moment I was sitting in the cell with Uzi. He was writing and mumbling to himself and I was sitting in the corner.

I was bored out of my mind, but I was terrified of leaving and being by myself. I didn't know what else to do though, so I stood up, gaining Uzi's attention.

"Hey Uzi, can I go out for REC?" I asked.

Uzi kept staring at me for a short while before giving me an okay, gathering his things and standing to join me.

"No, Uzi. I can go by myself. I don't want to bother you more than I already have." I told him.

"Nigga, do you really think I'mma let you go out there by yourself? With all those hungry ass niggas out there? You funny as fuck." He replied, pushing me out of the way and heading out of the cell.

I guess I had no choice but to follow him.
_____________________________________

I hadn't been outside in a while. Last time I was out here, I was working out. Trying to prevent what my cell mate attempted to do to me.

But I knew that I couldn't just keep working out. I had to show that I'm not punk ass bitch who passing around free bussy. Mama ain't raise no thot.

But if I get in a fight, wouldn't that earn me more jail time? That thought was what held me back from defending myself against Danny. I knew that I had to do something, but I couldn't just stupidly give myself more time in here when I could actually be doing things to decrease what I already have.

I think I'll fight back next time. I can't let that happen to me again. Maybe if the guards know that it was self defense they won't hold it against me?

Whatever. I'm gonna have to beat a niggas ass. More jail time or not, this booty not finna be taken. Nor will it come close. I gotta show these mfs that this ain't it.

Me and Uzi sat near the gate and I noticed that the guard who brought me to Uzi's cell was starting right at Uzi. I nudged him and directed his attention to the guard, and he bit his lip.

"Jah, I'll be right back. Don't move for the love of God. I'll be right over there." He said, motioning towards the guard.

"Okay." I said.