Chapter 2 : Bonjour Edythe

Beau awoke to another gloomy day. Surprise, surprise. Really, what did he expect on seeing here? The sun?

School was bland and boring, as usual, and the only times Beau could do whatever was after school and during lunch.

So, Beau sighed of relief as the bell rang for lunch at 12pm. He had spent the morning periods in a daze of sorts, his mind desperately trying to shove away Melody's bloody, panicked image.

As he walked passed Bella's table, McKayla winked at him. Seeing her wink, Jeremy glared at Beau.

McKayla had been weirdly possessive of Beau since his first day at Fork's Highschool. From walking him to class, to yapping his ear off, to boldly and horribly flirting. He ignored everything she did after a while. The girl just didn't know when to give up. Beau even told her he wasn't looking for a relationship of any kind for crying out loud!

She was really starting to piss Beau off, and that was an image no one wanted to see.

The week went by at a snail's pace, and the day ended, teens excited for the weekend. Beau was very eager to change back into his clothes after PE. At least his cloths actually fit him.

Before Beau could roll away on his skateboard, Edward stopped him, calling his name. Edward had returned to school today and rejoined his family at their table; but Edythe wasn't with him. That sparked a curiosity in Beau that he quickly shut down. Beau told himself that he should stop with this fascination of Edythe Cullen before things got out of hand.

So, why was Edward talking to Beau in the first place?

"I wanted to apologize for my behavior towards Bella," He said.

Bella, what a topic.

Beau's wonderful little sister has been constantly bugging him to try to talk him into telling her what his "break down" was about, and what triggered it; but her dutiful brother would ignore her, silently fuming. He was beyond angry with himself for letting such weakness take over him.

"Edward," she had said, while trying to loosen him up to get him to talk to her, "was acting like a dick-wad."

"I'd like a fresh start with her and be friends with her. Of course, if you let me."

Beau surveyed his face, and he seemed genuine, but this whole ordeal was a bit weird and old fashioned to him. Why would Edward ask him if it was okay to be friends with Bella? It's not like Beau controlled her life, and even if Beau did say no, he had the feeling Edward would go and obsess over Bella anyway as she obsesses over him.

"Go ahead, start fresh. . . just don't get her pregnant," Beau said, feeling very, uncomfortably, awkward. Beau threw down his skateboard and rolled away to get some distance between the unsettling Edweirdo and him.

When Beau got home, he noticed that Bella left a note saying that she would be back soon after grocery shopping. Which was good, meaning he got to blast his music while he cleaned off his motorcycle, Harley. She had just arrived back from her shipping travels.

Beau went outside, grabbing car polish, soap, and a bucket of warm water from the garage on the way. He scrubbed every inch and polished twice over. Harley was now squeaky clean, not a speck of dirt on her.

Feeling accomplished, Beau headed back to his room and opened his in-box after his computer took 5 billion years to load. His Maman has sent 3 emails demanding that Beau talk to her. Beau let out a quiet chuckle and typed:

Maman, calm down. I'm good, so don't do anything crazy. Things are okay so far, and school is very repetitive.