Chapter 3 : Bienvenue

Beau opened his eyes to see Bella being checked up by a doctor, and a kid with scratches on his face was clearly annoying her with all his apologies.

"Lay off," Beau rasped, going to a sitting position by sheer will, his sluggish body not being as cooperative as he'd like for it to be. The kid's head snapped in Beau's direction when he heard the snappy comment.

"I'm just saying sorry," he said weakly, avoiding Beau's gaze while puffing out his chest.

Immediately, Beau disliked him. He was trying to impress Bella by "standing up" to her big brother. That was part obvious. Judging how he was saying sorry, and had cuts all over his body, he caused an accident of some kind, one that affected Bella since she was being checked by a doctor.

"Ah, you're awake!" the doctor said, flashing a dazzling white smile. Was this guy actually a doctor? He looked a bit young in Beau's opinion. . .

"I'm Dr. Cullen. I need to check your temperature, so you know what to do."

Questions were buzzing around in Beau's head, but he couldn't really talk with a thermometer stuck in his mouth. The doctor looked way too young (Carlisle looked to be in his early twenties) to be fostering 6 teenagers. Beau knew that something was definitely up. . .

"You've been asleep for about a day, due the sedative we gave you, so that your body could balance itself out better. Your sister here had a minor accident. The van this young man was driving hit the ice wrong, and should've hit Bella directly and killed her; but she walked out completely unharmed. A miracle, really," Dr.Cullen relayed calmly, his critical eyes assessing Beau in ways only a doctor could, looking for things that could possibly wrong with his body while he talked.

3 weeks in Forks and both Swan siblings were in the hospital. Talk about bad luck.

Beau narrowed his eyes at- what was his name? He didn't know, but he should be sorry. He almost killed his sister for Christ's sake!

"Expect for your license to be suspended," Charlie said sternly, his arms crossed as he glared at the guy. Beau hadn't noticed that his father was there until that point.

Dr. Cullen pulled out the thermometer with a nod of approval.

"Your body temperature is regulated. It looks like you'll only need to stay for a few more minutes for your father to sign you out. The same goes for you, Bella."

Beau nodded and dropped his gaze, his eyes weighing down a bit. When he got home, all he wanted to do was sleep. Now, you must be thinking, didn't he just wake up from a ridiculously long sleep? Yes, but that sleep was caused by a sedative, which are proven to actually drain a patient's energy when they awake from their medically induced sleep.

"Where's my jacket?" Beau asked Bella after a moment of silence. The last time he saw it was when he put it on the snowman he built.

"Here," Bella quickly replied, grabbing her brother's jacket from the nightstand that was beside her hospital bed and holding it out. Beau stuck his hand in her direction and felt the familiar weight of his jacket. Beau then pulles it on, loving the warmth it gave him.

"So, Mr. Swan, how are you feeling? Any shivers? Coldness? Heat? If so, please tell me because nothing appears to be wrong. . ." Dr.Cullen asked in a soft voice, his eyebrows furrowed.

Beau shook his head, "I'm fine."

"Are you sure? Because a person could only survive so long without a thing called a brain," Edythe snapped coldly, having just arrived from her home.

"Edythe," Beau greeted in an equally cold tone. Beau really didn't know what else set her off about him. Did he breath too loudly? Did he blink too often? What? Why was she always so annoyed with him?