Chapter 12 : De la Neige Au Sang

Beau scowled, glaring at the tenth teenager that bumped into him that night. He'll admit, it wasn't their fault, he was invisible; but it got tiring having everyone bump into him all the time.

Alice decided to throw an "end of the year" party even though it was the middle of December, not even close to New Years or Christmas. Hence the reason why Beau was invisible--- everyone thought that he was dead, and it had to stay that way.

Bella was standing beside her brother, clinging to a wall and nursing a cup of punch.

"What did you do for your birthday this year?" Bella asked under her breath, low enough so only Beau could hear.

"How did you know that I was here?" Beau question back, leaning against the wall next to Bella. Beau never told his sister where he was going to be.

"Who else would you go to?"

Ouch.

"Shut up," Beau mumbled, scowling at Bella, even though she couldn't see him.

Bella giggled into her red solo cup, her eyes alight with mischief. "Are you going to answer the question?"

Beau let out a sigh. "I didn't really do anything. The Denali's didn't know when my birthday was, and I didn't want to waste any time or distract myself from training."

Bella frowned, looking down at the punch she was sipping from. "Next year, I'm throwing you a party to make up for it," she said, nibbling on her bottom lip, her eyes still downcast. Beau knew that look.

She felt guilty.

"Don't worry about it, Bells," Beau said softly, placing an invisible hand on Bella's shoulder. "I don't even age anymore, so I don't need one."

Bella nodded, but continued look guilty, having no luck in covering up that emotion.

"Is something wrong?" Edward asked, suddenly next to Bella and holding his own cup of punch. Bella yelped, jumping in freight and dumping punch all over her dress.

Beau struggled to hold in his laughter, a few snorts coming out here and there. Bella looked in Beau's general direction and glared, the girl behind him looking at Bella in bewilderment upon seeing Bella glaring at her.

"Karma," Beau said to Bella, smirking. "Instant karma for you."

Bella opened her mouth to lash back, but Edward starting pulling her over to the staircase with a worried expression. On the bottom step of the stairs, Alice was frozen, looking into the distance in worry and horror, holding a vase of white daisies.

Immediately, the Cullens were around her, and Beau lagged behind because he had to go through a crowd of teenagers without touching any of them---which was a hard task to do. Beau wanted to plow through the crowd, but that would look suspicious, seeing a crowd part for no one in particular.

Beau finally reached the staircase, punch splashed on his face and his hands sticky from the red stuff.

"No," Bella kept saying, looking between Jacob Black and Edward with wide eyes. "It's too dangerous."

"We need all the help we can get, Bella," Edward said softly, nodding at Jacob with reluctance.

The party disbanded and Alice turned off the music, asking for everyone to go home. Groans were heard through the room, but people obediently set out the door.

Once the last teenager was out, Beau turned off his invisibility and walked over to Alice.

"What happened? What did you see?" Beau asked, picking up soda cans and wrappers and putting them in the trash can Alice was holding.