Chapter 15 : Avec Mon Amour

"You came," Seth said, giving Beau his signature bright smile.

Beau hummed, smiling back at the boy that imprinted on him. Beau stopped walking a few feet away from the boarder line, hands tucked into his pockets.

"Are you ready to go?"

Seth tilted his head to the side in a very dog like manor, almost making Beau laugh. He had to hide his snickers.

"Where are we going?"

Beau shrugged, his lips twitching up into a smirk. "You'll see."

Seth nodded, but didn't move from his side of the boarder, shuffling his feet nervously and his eyebrows puckering in worry.

"The Cullens don't mind you crossing the treaty line, if that's what you're worried about," Beau said softly, giving Seth a reasurring smile. Seth nodded again, hesitantly stepping across the treaty line and freezing, his eyes scanning the woods. When nothing happened, he sagged in relief.

"I thought that I'd be zapped by lightning or something," Seth murmured to himself, laughing a bit and walking to Beau's side. Beau snorted, Seth's cheeks turning pink as he realized that he heard him.

"You're funny," Beau mused, smirking teasingly down at Seth, who's lips formed into a pout.

"You weren't supposed to hear that."

"Oh, the perks of vampire super-hearing," Beau replied dryly, setting off South to get to the meadow that Edward shown him earlier. The meadow guaranteed privicy because of it's location, deep in the forest were no one really went to or knew.

"How does that work, though? Can you control how far you can hear?"

"No. I know that I can hear every conversation within a mile radius, but I can't force my hearing ability to decrease or increase. All I can do is focus on one conversation or sound so that the rest fades away," Beau said, holding the branch of a tree away from their faces as they walked through the forest.

"So, you pretty much have no privacy in the Cullen house, huh?"

Beau snorted, shooting Seth a smile. "Pretty much."

"I know how you feel," Seth started, stepping around a particularly large, sharp rock that he did not want to step on. "I have no privacy around the pack when in wolf form. Every thought is heard by everyone else, so I have to concentrate to hold back some things I don't want everyone knowing."

"That must suck," Beau mused, wondering if all the other Cullens felt the same way around Edward and Alice. "Would you choose to be a wolf, if you were able to? Or would you remain human?"

Seth stayed quiet for a bit, thinking the question through before he answered. "I would choose to be a wolf, still. There's this type of thrill that we all get from running in the forest, and I feel really connected with the forest now. . ." Seth said, trailing a hand down a red pine tree thoughtfully.

"What about you? If you had to choose, would you still be a vampire, or would you be human again?" Seth asked, huffing a bit and wincing as the walk got longer.

Beau looked at the younger boy, avoiding the question by asking if he was feeling okay.

"Yeah, my body's just a bit sore after the fight," Seth said, smiling but wincing as he took another step.

"Here, get on my back. You should rest," Beau said, turning around and crouching a bit. The idea of a piggy-back ride sent major déjà vu vibes to Beau, but he didn't want to think about old memories, he wanted to make new ones. With his imprint.