jazz club

Vote and comment!!

Olivia POV

"Goodnight mother," I said, kissing her on the head.

"Goodnight, Olivia," my mother said. "Make sure you are up at 8 o'clock to go to church in the morning."

I told her I would, and I raced up the stairs to get ready for tonight. Tonight, my best friend, Bethany, and I were sneaking out to the Jazz Club in downtown Philadelphia.

My mother and father would scold me, and more than likely kick me out of the house if they found out where I was in the middle of the night instead of in my bed.

Bethany was supposed to meet me at the corner of my street at 9 o'clock, and it was close to being that time now.

I was quick to throw on a gold and black dress that went up to my knees, necklaces that went down to my chest, and a pair of black, silk gloves.

I bushed my hair that went down to my shoulders, and I put on makeup that I had to hide in my room to keep away from my parents.

My parents hated when I cut off most of my brunette hair, but I did it anyway. Now my hair reaches my shoulders in loose waves.

I climbed through the window with my black heels in my hand, and I praised the lord that my bedroom was on the first floor. I ran across the yard to the corner, and I saw Beth sitting on the sidewalk with her red dress that had similar patterns to mine.

"Hey, Beth," I whispered. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah, lets get going before someone cstches us," she said, grabbing her clutch. "You look beautiful, by the way."

"Aw, thank you Beth. You look amazing as well," I gushed.

We started our walk to our destination, and soon we heard the jazz music playing from the dimly lit club.

We walked in, and got cat-called by many men in fancy suits.

My mother told me that being cat-called meant that you looked too flashy to the eye, and that was an offense to our family. My mother told me that I should dress and act like how a proper woman should, but I simply did not want to.

I wanted to choose my own path. I wanted to wear whatever I wanted to without my mother cursing me out. I just wanted to be a normal person, and not have the constant feeling of being judged.

I went to the club because I wanted to do something my mom would disapprove of. It was all in spite, and besides, I liked breaking the rules.

It was exhilarating, and I loved the feeling.

So being cat-called made me feel powerful, and it reminded me of how much my mother would hate me if she found out where I was.

Beth and I sat at a table, listening to the jazz playing by a saxophonist.

A man soon asked me to dance with him, and in return I did. We moved together to the music, and laughed when we realized we should not of had this much alcohol.

"So what's your name, pretty boy?" I slurred and then laughed, taking another sip of my drink.

"Liam Payne," He answered in an accent that I wasn't sober enough to recognise. "And what's yours, sweetcheeks?"

"I'm Olivia Wilson," I asnwered.

"Oh, the Pastor's daughter?" Liam asked.

"Yep," I laughed.

I got up again, and took Liam with me. The alcohol in my body made me want to keep dancing and moving, so I did.

At one point, and man I did not know got Liam's attention and said, "Payne, Styles needs to see you."

"Hey, I'm sorry, but I have to go," Liam said, and then left.

I kept dancing, and I found Beth sitting alone in the booth. I sat next to her, and I saw that she had a cigarette in her hand.

"Hey, where did ya get that?" I asked. I have never smoked before, but my mom would probably hate if I did it, so I wanted to try it.

"A boy gave it to me, you wanna try it?" Beth asked, handing me the cigarette.

I took a hit from it, and started coughing. I heard a laugh coming from next to me, but it wasn't Beth. I turned in the direction I heard it from, and saw a tall man in a suit looking down upon us.

"Hello ladies," the man says. "Should pretty girls like you be smoking?"

"I can do whatever I want, as long as my mother doesn't find out," I laughed, still rather under the influence of alcohol.

The man laughed at my drunken words, and I continued to smoke on the lit cigarette.

"I'm sorry about her, she has never drank before," I heard Beth tell the man. She sounded sobered up, as I did not.

"I have never had alcohol," I giggled. "But I sure do like it."

"Well just get home safely, ladies," the man said, but before he walked away he said, "And by the way, if anyone gives you ladies trouble, just ask to speak to Styles. He will take care of it."

I started to hiccup, and I looked over at Beth to see her stunned. The man walked away, and went into a room that was prohibited for us to go into.

"What's wrong?" I asked, seeing that Beth looked like she was in a panic.

"Do you know who that man was?" Beth asked in shock, ignoring my question. Her eyes were open wide, and she did not seem to blink once.

I tried to think if the man's face and if it held any resemblance to anyone I knew of, but no one came to mind.

"Not that I know of," I answered with a hiccup.

"Olivia, we just talked to one of the most powerful men in Philadelphia," Beth said, still stunned.

Then it hit me. I have never seen the man before, but I have heard things about him. I heard that he was very intimidating, and that he was from England.

"Holy shït, did we just talk to Harry Styles?"

YALL ITS A NEW STORYYYY

I JUST FINISHED MY ONE BOOK, SO WHY NOT START ANOTHER

Sorry for being loud, but yes. This is a new book that is set in, yes you guessed it, 1920s America.

If updates seem to be put up slowly, I have been doing research on pop culture in the 20s. So just remember that.

If you enjoyed this chapter, give it a big vote bro. Comment too if you want.

I love you all
~s