self-worth

Please comment and vote!!

Olivia POV

I hated it, the feeling of being alone. I was alone a lot of my life, so if I had a  chance I could be with someone, I blew it.

I tried to go to sleep that night, but I simply couldn't. I hated to sleep with no one in the house, so I stayed up most of the night with a book in my hands. I couldn't concentrate on the words I was reading, all I was thinking about was what happened tonight and the things I could have done differently.

~

I slept for about two hours, and I felt even more tired then I did before the short-lived slumber. I knew I would need to make sure the house looked spotless before my parents came home, so I kept myself busy by doing just that. I cleaned and dryed the dirty dishes and I made sure everyone's laundry was folded and neatly put away. I also started to make lunch, because my parents sould more than likely want something to eat when they come back.

At around 12:30, I heard the front door open, and my witch of a mother and father came in, not even acknowledging me cooking in the kitchen.

"Hi, how was your time at Aunt Marie's house?" I asked, breaking the silence in the room.

"Fine, thank you," my mother spoke. "Make me some tea, will you?"

"Yes, ma'am," I mumbled, and then turned to make the drink for her.

I placed the mug in her hands, which she was sitting on the couch. She took the drink, and didn't show her gratitude.

I walked back into the kitchen, and left the biscuits that I made on the stove to cool off.

"Mother, would you like some biscuits?" I asked her.

"No, I have a headache," my mother basically whined.

I took off my apron, and put it on the hook in our kitchen. I snuck some biscuits with me to my room, and stayed in there. I did not want to deal with my mother, and now that I thought about it, my father didn't say a single word to me.

I disregarded the thought, knowing that the man barely speaks to me at all. It was frustrating to me that my parents didn't even act as such, and they treated me as a house-maid. Not to sound needy, but I didn't have many friends or family to begin with, so when my parents act like they do, it makes me feel more lonely than I already do.

That's why I liked being with Harry, because he made me feel wanted. I have never felt needed, and it was a feeling I craved in my life. It made me think of last night, and how it was probably best I left the man. I could already feel myself growing closer to Harry, and it scared me to say the least. It was like going fast in a car, it sounded appealing, but it can frighten someone when thinking about it.

I wanted to go to see Bethany, since she was my probably my only friend. I got dressed in more appropriate attire, which was a pale-pink dress that covered most of my body. I let my short, brunette hair hang in its natural curls, and I put no makeup on, since my mother probably wouldn't let me out of the house with an ounce of the substance on my face.

I walked towards where my mother was laying down, and I asked, "May I please go to Bethany's house?"

"Did you do the laundy?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Did you cook dinner for tonight?"

"Yes, ma'am. I made potatoes and a roast," I answered.

"Well, the house looks clean," my mother huffed. "I suppose you can go out."

"Thank you, is there a time I need to be home before?" I asked.

"I don't care, just go. You're making my headache worse," my mother complained, and with that I left the dreadful house.

I walked down to Bethany's house, her father letting me in and telling me she was upstairs. I went into my friend's room, and saw that she was painting her nails on her bed. I knocked on the already opened door, and Bethany moved things so I could sit down with her.

"Hey, hun. How are you?" Bethany asked me, keeping most of her attention on the polish in her hands.

"I'm doing okay, I just needed to see you," I breathed, laying down on her mattress.

"What's wrong?" Bethany asked me, turning towards me. "You can tell me anything."

"Do you remember Harry Styles from the club?" I asked my friend, and she nodded in return.

"So, we have been spending a lot of time together recently, and last night he snapped at me," I said. "I then left him at the club to go home, because I felt like utter crap. Am I being overly-dramatic?"

"No, sweetheart," Bethany answered, grabbing my hands. "No man should ever make you feel less than what you are. You are an amazing, beautiful, and strong woman that deserves to be treated as such."

"I guess your right, but I feel like I did the wrong thing in the situation," I shrugged, looking down.

Bethany took a few seconds to answer, since she looked deep in thought. She then said, "Olivia, I love you like a sister, but sometimes you feel sympathy at the wrong times. If Harry made you feel bad, then he doesn't deserve you. Unless he personally makes it up to you, there is no reason for you to go back to him. If he went out of his way to talk to you and apologize, that means he is dedicated and willing to spend time with you. Humans make mistakes, its just only certain people have the strength to fix them."

I listened and thought about Bethany's words, and how she sounded like she knew what she was talking about.

"You're right," I finally said. "There is no point in me feeling bad about leaving him when he was in the wrong."

"Exactly," Bethany laughed. "And besides, you have me. You don't need a man."

"I suppose you're right," I breathed.

"Hun, I know I'm right," and with that, we laughed together.

Bethany and I spent the afternoon together, where we painted each other's nails, and my best friend showing me her brand new makeup products that her parents let her buy.

I know it's short, and I'm sorry. I just needed to get something up, and I would rather have something uo than nothing.

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, and remember that you dont need no man in your life !!

Please vote for this chapter if you enjoyed it.

With love,
~s