self-evaluation

Please vote and comment!!

Harry POV

As someone as powerful and well-known as myself, I was quite a lonesome person. I knew many people, but had very little friends.

Seeing Olivia walk away from me last night really opened my eyes. I saw how much she respected herself, and how she wouldn't let me walk over her. I never intended to come off as such, but I was angry. I did not know how to take out my anger in the right way, and I would do anything to apologise to the woman I hurt.

When Olivia left, I truly felt heartbreak. I barely knew her, but when a lonely man meets a girl and she leaves him, the man feels even more lonely than before. Sure, it could apply to everyone, but that was besides the point.

I needed to make it up to Olivia, I just was not sure how I would do so.

~

Olivia POV

I woke up the next morning with the same ache in my body as I did yesterday, but today it was more bearable.

As someone who never felt emotional attachment before, practically crushing what was there was hard for me. Talking to Bethany helped, though. It made me see that Harry was in the wrong, which was something that I needed to finally see.

Bethany was also trying to get me to go out with her again, which I kept declining repeatedly. She told me that just hiding from the man wouldn't help me, and that I just needed to go out to have a little bit of fun.

After a lot of pleading from Bethany, I finally caved in and agreed to go out tonight, which was a Wednesday. I forced myself to get ready and look nice to go the Jazz Club. I was now standing at the corner, waiting for Bethany to meet me here.

It seemed to take forever, but I soon heard Bethany's high heels running up to me. I looked up, to see Bethany panting in front of me, out of breath.

"Dãmn, I have not run that fast since freshmen year," Bethany panted. "Sorry I'm late."

"God bless you," I laughed. "You sound you are going to pass out."

"I might, but at least the alcohol will make it happen faster," Bethany shrugged, taking my hand and starting our walk to the jazz club.

I was still a little nervous about my father catching me sneak out again, but he has not been checking up on me for the past three weeks, so I was more than likely fine.

Soon enough, we were led into the dimly lit club, and we sat down at a booth. I was hoping to not see Harry, but at this point it was inevitable. I knew he really did not deserve my love and affection. I just didn't want things to be awkward.

Bethany got us drinks, and I was quick to swallow the liquid down my throat. The burning sensation of the alcohol was starting to become more tolerable, and it almost started to become nice.

"Whoa there," Bethany chuckled. "Slow down, before you get drunk in ten minutes."

"That was the goal," I sighed, picking up the other glass and throwing it down my throat.

"I mean, hey, I'm not here to judge," Bethany said, grabbing my hand. "We are here to have fun, so lets dance."

I followed Bethany to where many other women and their partners were dancing, and we soon joined them. The sweet sound of a saxophone, trumpet, and bass were heard, and I couldn't help myself but to sway to the rhythm of the tune. The alcohol helped me to let go, and my eyes shut in content.

Bethany had to catch me a few times, since I kept stumbling because of my intoxicated state. I knew I had too much to drink, but it was the only way to get through all of this.

Bethany practically made me sit at a booth, and I was giggling non-stop. I also started to say random words that had nothing to do with the situation we were in.

"Hun, how many drinks did you have?" Bethany asked me.

I started to count on my hands at a slow pace, and I exclaimed. "4... no, 6!"

"Ok, it might be good to take you home soon," my friend said, trying to make me sit up.

"You stink," I whined. "I'm having fun."

"I bet you are," Bethany mumbled.

I sat next to my best friend, or my only friend, and I was drinking the glass of water that Bethany gave me to start sobering up. I was all the sudden very tired, and I just wanted to go to sleep. I leaned my head against Bethany's shoulder, and started to slowly shut my eyes. Before I could, I heard the familiar voice I did not want to hear at the moment.

"Olivia?" He asked. "What happened to you?"

"She's fine," Bethany said. "She doesn't need you at the moment since I'm here."

"Well, can I talk to her?" Harry asked, standing awkwardly next to the booth.

Bethany and I both said our answer in unison, with me saying "sure", and Bethany saying "no".

"Bethany, we are going to need to talk about this eventually," I sighed to her. "I will be okay."

"I just don't trust him," Bethany muttered.

"I will be fine, give me, like, five minutes."

Bethany let me go with hesitation in her eyes, and I slowly got out of the booth to walk next to the man beside me. Stumbing along the way, Harry wrapped his arm around my waist to keep me from falling on my face. I did not mind the gesture, since I would be on the ground if it were not for him.

We walked into the room that he took me to when he showed me the balcony and the rest of the club, and we took a seat a booth, sitting across from one another.

"I just wanted to apologise," Harry spoke. "What I said was disgusting and degrading. I cannot take it back, but if I could change one thing about that night, it would of been to not let you walk away."

"I needed my space," I said with a hiccup. "And you just need to respect that."

"Trust me, I do," Harry started, grabbing my hands across the table. "I just feel like this fight was easily fixable, and that we can always work things out."

I took a deep breath, and said, "It wasn't necessarily what you said, it was the fact that you were so quick to put me down. All my life, I have been pushed to the side and treated like dust. I will not stand for another person to do the same."

"I know, and I'm so sorry. If there was something I could do to make it up to you, I would do it in a heartbeat," Harry confessed, briefly squeezing my hands with his own.

I sat in the booth, not knowing what to say. I wanted to give Harry another chance, but I had to remember to stay true to my words of leaving him if he made the same mistake. I was also scared to actually commit to the man infront of me, because he could rip my heart in half and throw it away with the pigs.

"You better not mess this up, Styles."

IM SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN WRITING. AND OH MY GOD THIS STORY GOT OVER 100 READS??? THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH !!

If you liked this chapter, don't forget to give it a big, fat, vote. I would appreciate it so much!!

Anyway, I love y'all with my wHole heart
~s