goodbye

Please vote and comment!!

Olivia POV

I had gone home with Bethany after my conversation with Harry. I was a mess to say the least, and it was beyond difficult to get back into the comfort of my own bed without waking up my family.

I fell asleep fairly easy, but I woke up with a headache I had never felt before. I instantly felt regret towards how much alcohol I drank last night, especially since I had little to no sleep to try to get rid of the ache.

I was in the kitchen, and I was starting to cook some breakfast before my mother and father complained to not waking up with a dish in front of them. While starting to cook the eggs, I heard my mother storm down the hallway and into the kitchen.

"What is God's name is this!" My mother exclaimed.

I turned around, and saw the dress that I had worn the night before. My heart literally dropped, and I was terrified to say the least. I stood frozen where I was standing, and I could not spit out a word.

"I will not have a whore live under this house!" She yelled, sure to almost break glass at this point.

"I-I-" I stuttered, not sure what to say.

"You will fix, whatever has gotten into you," My mother demanded. "Or you leave this house, under God's name!"

I had no clue what to say. There was no excuse I could to back myself out of this. It took a lot of courage to say the words I did, but I managed to pull them out of me.

"I am not a child!" I yelled back. "You give me no freedom, and you treat me with the same respect as a servant!"

I had no idea what got into me, but I'm glad I said it. I kept going, saying:

"And how do you have the heart to kick your own daughter, your own blood, out of this house!"

"You are no daughter of mine," my mother spit. "My daughter is supposed to be kind, and respectful to me. You may have my blood in you, but you have disgraced this family since you were born!"

I was done, I had nothing else to say, but, "Lord forgive me, but fück you."

I threw the pan with the eggs on the ground, and I went to my room to pack up my things. I was eighteen, I did not need my mother controlling me anymore. I was hoping that I could stay at Bethany's for a little, since I don't have anywhere else to go.

While I was packing the things I would need, I was crying. I couldn't believe this was happening, but at the same time I was not surprised it was. My family held me down to what I what to do with my life, and I cannot live like that. I refuse to.

When I collected myself, and my things, I went downstairs to see my parents talking to each other.

"You cannot kick her out, she is our daughter," my father said, surprising me that he is going against my mother.

"It's about time she leaves, she is eighteen," my mother shrugged. "She needs to learn to be an adult, whether a man wants to marry her or not."

"I agree, but we shouldn't just throw her on the streets. She isn't prepared," my father defended.

They stayed quiet, and I coughed to break the silence.

"Bye," I said, not even waving to the two of them.

They both looked up at me, and I could tell my father was not taking this well. My mother, on the other hand, did not look phased at all. There was an awkward silence that filled the air, and it could have been cut by a knife at this point.