Max x Cafe Barista Reader

Requested by Helloimposiedon3

Y/n POV

This job sucks.

Everyday I have to take orders from the most annoying people, make their specific drink order, spell their name wrong out of spite, and give it to them. But then they decide to treat my even more like shit and say that's it's not the right order or not the right temperature or some other bullshit. And then it repeats, day after day, after day.

I'm working the menu orders when I see a new customer walk in. I don't usually are for the until I made eye contact with him. He had caramel skin, bright jade eyes, and floofy black hair.
Damn he's hot.

"Uh, thanks?"

"Oh shit! Sorry! Did I say that out loud? God, that's embarrassing!"

"It's okay. Can I get a black coffee?"

"S-sure thing. Would you like anything else with that?"

"Nah. I'm good."

"Okay then. What's the name on the cup?"

"Max"

Max
And after that day, 'Max' would come at least once a week for the same thing, black coffee. And not to be weird or anything, but those were the highlight of my weeks. He was just so handsome and wouldn't be a complete asshole to me if I made the smallest mistake! And since I had to have my name tag on at all times, we knew each other on a name to name level and I guess he figured out my schedule because when I asked my coworkers if he came in on their days, they said no. This continued on for about a month and by then I knew his order by heart (it was extremely simple but shut up)

Max POV

I started going to this cafe for a while and I have now decided to try to ask the cute barista out on a date. Her name is y/n and she has beautiful h/c that is tucked behind her ears, lovely e/c that always light up when I enter, and an amazing personality. To make the asking somewhat natural, I searched up coffee puns because...well you know she's a barista and I always get coffee. You get the idea.

"Hey y/n."

"Hey Max. You want the regular?"

"Yeah but can you add a vanilla scone to it as well?"

"Sure I don't see why not."

Okay Max. This is your chance. Don't throw away your shot.

"Hey y/n. I wanna let you in on a little secret."

"Um okay what is it?"

"My friends like to call me Coffee. They're reasoning is that I grind so fine~"

She chocked on her own spit.
Nice

"E-excuse me?"

"But they also think it's because I keep you up past 2 am~"

"I-I-is that true though?"

"Not at all. It's because I'm really bitter and most people don't like me without changing some aspect of what I am."

"She stared at me and didn't say a word.
Fuck I messed up. I can never come back here again.

"Max, was that supposed to be a pick up line?"

"Maybe. Did it work?"

"Surprisingly, it did."

Authors note: was that good enough?