Only a Decade - Steve Mcgarrett

NINA's POV•
It's been a decade since I saw him.  My best friend, Lieutenant Commander Steven Mcgarrett, my best friend that I have been in love with since we were kids.
My father was his fathers best friend so we grew up together too.
I joined the army after high school, I needed a change.  My brother committed suicide at 19, my mother became an alcoholic, my father was already deceased and Steve had a girlfriend, Catherine, they were quite serious and I couldn't stand to see them together.  I tried to be there for him and even her but I just got pushed away.  I was forgotten when she came into his life.
Ten years ago was when I left for the mainland.  I left the love of my life, my friends, my family and my whole childhood to become Staff Sargent Powell.  Once I got recruited after boot camp they asked me "Where do you want to be stationed?" and I said "anywhere but Hawaii."  I've been all over the world this past decade and I'm finally ready to go home.

Steve and Catherine are no longer and I heard that Steve is the leader of Five-0 now.  I'm not going to lie I do miss him terribly and I would definitely be lying if I said I'm not coming home to see him.

So here I am now, walking into the Palace looking for my once best friend. I walked up to the front desk asking where I can find Steve and the lady kept telling me he wasn't available and I was not getting anywhere until a short blonde guy came up to me "Excuse me miss, I'm detective Danny Williams, Steve is my partner is there anything I can help you with?" he asked with a kind smile.
"Hi Detective, I'm Nina-" I couldn't even get my last name out and he already knew who I was.
"-Powell, you're Steve's old friend right?"
"Uhm yes, how'd you know?" I questioned
"Because he doesn't shut up about you!" he exclaimed
A huge smile crept along my face "He still talks about me?" I asked while blushing.
"All the time! C'mon I'll bring you to him."
as we walk further in the palace and we walk past glass doors I see 2 people standing by a big monitor.
Detective Danny introduced me to them "Kono. Chin. This is the one and only Nina!" he says clapping his hands together with a big smile.
"Ohh so you're the famous Nina that we always hear about." Chin remarked with a smirk as Kono smiled.
"Uh I guess so nice to meet you guys."
"It's nice to meet you too" Chin and Kono say at the same time.
We were talking for a few minutes before Kono left to go meet her fiancé Adam. She was blocking my view to a glass office that was few feet away. The glass office that has the love of my life sitting at his desk. My breathe got taken away, he is even more gorgeous than 10 years ago. Then that's when we locked eyes. My heart was beating so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack. He slowly got up, very slowly may I add, and looked at me again for another minute. He slowly walked out of his office never losing eye contact. I didn't realize how close he was to me until I snapped out of it.
"Steve" I whispered.
He gave a small smile and whispered back "Hey Princess" using my old nickname he used to call me. Then he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me so tight he never let me go. "You're so beautiful, I missed you so much." he whispered in my ear
"I missed you too Steve" I said into the crook of his neck trying not let him hear my cracking voice.
His cologne. His smell. His touch. This is what I missed.
By this time Danny and Chin went into Chin's office to give us some privacy.
"Please tell me your back for good" Steve pleased looking into my eyes as if he doesn't want to lose me again. I can see the sadness and pain in his beautiful eyes. Was I really worth it to him for him to feel like this?
"I'm back for good. I'm home for good." I said looking at him.
"Good, I can't lose you again." and that's when he smashed his lips onto mine.
" I was so stupid to push you away. All I ever needed to be happy was you. I'm sorry." he said and he looked so heartbroken and sincere.
"It only took you a decade but you have me now" I said with a sly smile and lightly pecked his lips.
He laughed and asked "hey are you hungry?"
"I'm starving"
"Good cause we have a lot of catching up to do." He smirked as he kissed my cheek. 
"Let's go Staff Sargent!"
"After you commander" i said with a wink as we walk out the Palace doors hand in hand.