Chapter-3

"You are my blue crayon, the one I can never get enough of, the one I use to color my sky"
-A.R. Asher

Tink's POV

I rest my aching feet on the table while I silently curse Peter for making me take stairs and work on the advertisement for the second PA. I know why Peter wants to hire a new PA but I can't help but feel like I've disappointed him. Ever since my mom passed away when I was 3, Peter has been the only constant in my life.

Sure I have my dad who loves me to bits but we aren't that close. After my mom's death my dad changed, I don't remember much from my childhood when mom was alive but I know it was happier, better. My dad became a bit better after he remarried my stepmom, Veronica when I was 13. Veronica isn't an evil stepmom but she isn't a mom either. She's like a friend to me which is better than nothing I guess. But with Veronica came Sasha, my annoying step sister. She's an year older than me and has somehow engaged in an imaginary competition with me since we were kids.

Coming from a poor families, Peter and I worked hard to achieve everything that we have. Peter more than me but he has his own reasons.

I work with some firms and arrange the interviews to be at tomorrow noon. For any other company, such short notice interview wouldn't have been possible to arrange but everyone bent to whims for Peter. It was almost comical at how hard people try to impress him.

I finish working and text Peter.

Me: Hey! We're all set for the interview tomorrow. The HR will select 20 candidates by noon.

His reply comes in seconds.

Pete: Great! What will I ever do without you?

Me: Umm.. Terrorize people and make them cry?

Pete: Haha.. What can I say? You keep me human. Make me breakfast tomorrow please?

Me: I made it yesterday, no ways, nu-uh. Not gonna happen.

I can almost see him pouting which looks absolutely adorable on him. I mean imagine a 6 feet giant who hardly ever smiles with a pout.

Pete: I'll make you pasta for dinner if you make me bacon for breakfast?

See, this is why the brute became a billionaire at the ripe age of 25. The man knows how to make a deal.

Me: Deal, now let me sleep. Good night.

Pete: Goodnight, my fairy.

My heart melts at his words but I know they don't mean same to him than it does for me. I lay in bed for a half hour trying to sleep but it keeps evading me so I decide to watch a movie. It's been a long time since I've got time for movie. I'm mostly busy with work these days.

I open my laptop and select a movie from the pendrive I borrowed from Pete last week, I browse the folders for 5 minutes and finally settle on 'Legally blonde', I haven't watched it before but I wanna watch a new movie so here it goes.

I'm ten minutes into the movie and I don't see any blondes. I keep watching the movie in hopes of it getting interesting.

*****

Oh my God.. I'm going to kill Peter. I grab my car keys from the bowl on the kitchen counter and make my way to his house. I don't bother changing my clothes so I'm currently knocking on his door at 2 in the morning in my tank top and Hello Kitty shorts, hey don't judge, they are cute and comfortable.

Peter opens the door himself which I knew he will coz he doesn't keep staff at his house. Some crap about privacy and stuff.

"You crazy, bloodthirsty monster. You renamed conjuring to Legally blonde knowing that I will watch it. You know how much I hate horror movies. Now I can't sleep in my apartment alone." I shout at him while hitting his chest while he laughs at me.

He knows I hate being laughed at as much as I hate horror movies. Noticing my sullen expression, he wraps in a hug and kisses my forehead.

"I'm sorry Tink, come on in. You can sleep in here tonight." He shuts the door behind us seeming unafraid of my threats to cut his balls off. He should fear me dammit! I'm a threat.

Peter never wanted me to stay at a separate apartment, he wanted me to stay at his house. And as tempting as it was to stay with him, I wanted a place of my own, my independence and I guess this is his way of making me stay here in his house as he has repeatedly pulled this stunt on me knowing I can't sleep alone after watching a horror movie.

I make my way to his bed room. I lay in his bed which is just so comfortable. The deluxe mattress and super-soft bedding make me feel like I'm wrapped in a cloud. The hedonistic luxury isn't just confined to the bed. The whole room is lavish with the high-quality furnishings, rare imported flooring, a huge-ass closet, and the balcony, which is more like a patio with a small pool. Peter did like his comforts.

I feel the bed dip a minute later and an arm snakes around my waist pulling me to a hard chest.

"Night, Tink," he kisses my hair and I fall into a dreamless sleep feeling warm and safe.

* All chapters are currently unedited, I'm kinda focusing on the story right now. I promise I'll edit it once I finish the book. *

Thanks for reading, I hope you're enjoying it. Let me know by your votes and comments.