Chapter-10

"I want to be the friend you fall hopelessly in love with. The one you take into your arms and into your bed and into the private world you keep trapped in your head. I want to be that kind of friend. The one who will memorize the things you say as well as the shape of your lips when you say them. I want to know every curve, every freckle, every shiver of your body. 

I want to know where to touch you, I want to know how to touch you. I want to know convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world."

-Warner in Unravel Me
by Taherah Mafi

Peter's POV

I watch Tink leave hastily from the office and I know that I've hurt her. She was quite attached to her office, maybe I should have asked her alone rather than ambushing her in front of Wendy.

I look forward to see Wendy smiling at me. I put the thoughts regarding Tink at the back of my mind and concentrate on the beauty sitting next to me.

"Wendy?"

"Yes, Sir?"

"Call me Peter, luv. Would you like to go to dinner with me tonight?"

"Oh you mean the business merger dinner with Mr Andrew Declan of Declan tech?" She asks excitedly.

I was actually asking her on a date with me as I honestly forgot about the dinner. Tink usually reminds me of my tasks during the morning drive. But since she didn't get a chance to today.

"Yes, that. But as my date not as my assistant?"

"Isn't that against company policy to date co-workers?" She questions confused about my intentions with her.

"Considering that I own the company, I think we're safe. So, what do you say? I promise to take you out on a real date soon." I say cheekily, confident that she'll say yes, they all do.

"Yes, Sir..I mean Peter. But I'm not dressed for a business dinner?"

"No worries, we can go shopping. Come on."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. I wanna see you in a sexy dress." I wink at her.

"Is that a sneaky way of saying that I don't look good today?"

"Never, luv." I slip my arms around her waist, pulling her close.

"We shouldn't be doing this her. It's only my first day, I can't everyone think that I'm fucking my boss." I hate that she said 'fuck', Tink never swears. She even censors my language. Tink, Tink, Tink. What the hell is wrong with me? It happens everytime I date someone new, which is the reason I ignore her hoping that I stop comparing everyone to her, but my damn mind won't stop. Why am I thinking of her anyway. I have this beautiful woman in my arms, maybe not as beautiful as Tink. Shit! I did it again.

"No one needs to know unless you want sweetheart. Besides, I'm the boss, don't worry about anything."

We make our way outside side by side and she grabs my hand showing that she's okay with everyone knowing about us.

I text David telling him to bring out the car and 5 minutes later, he stops the Bentley in front of me, informing me that Tink rode her own car instead of taking the ride from him. Why would she drive? She is a terrible driver which is why I prefer to drive her wherever she wants.

I sit in the back with Wendy, texting my secretary to reschedule my meetings. Yes, I have 2 personal assistants and a secretary, I have a lot of work.

I take Wendy to the designer store near the office that Tink likes for shopping. I eye a white full sleeve, high neck bodycon dress that I know would look amazing on Tink. She always hides her curves in lose fitting dresses but she has them. Oh yeah, she has them in abundance. One can only guess how a little thing like her can have such delicious curves. Fuck! Here I go thinking about her again.

I pick up the dress and hand it over to Wendy to try. The sales woman who looks about 10 years older than me tries to flirt with me but I ignore her advances and go into the changing room and slam Wendy into the mirror lightly.

"Oh my god, You gave me a heart attack." I see that she is already wearing the dress and though it looks good on her, I know it would look better on Tink.

I push those thoughts away and kiss the woman in front of me, the one that I'm lusting after right now. Not my best friend. I pull her close to me and feel her shiver beneath my hand. I move my lips against hers and run my tongue along the seam of her mouth urging her to open and thrust my tongue in as soon as she does. But all I can think about is how her lips aren't as full as Tink's or how she doesn't smell soo damn sweet like my best friend does.

I chase those thoughts away and pull back from the kiss that didn't feel right to begin with to acknowledge the breathless woman in my arms.

"You look amazing. Let's buy this one but in black and have lunch. I'm starving." I don't know why but I've always associated white with Tink and I don't want Wendy changing that. Black will suit her just fine.

"Oh but I can't afford this dress, it'll cost me my 2 months salary." She argued but she had this glint in her eyes that I was familiar with, the one women get whenever I buy them gift and I can't help but wonder that not once in the 20 years that I've known Tink has she had that. Yes, she accepts gifts from me, although begrudgingly but she always returns in tenfold with her work, loyalty and that heart wrenching smile.

And if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even own this company. She has always been there for me, no matter what I did or say, no matter how many times I snapped at her. She didn't leave, she accepted me, all my faults.

"Come on, don't insult me. I'm buying. Let's get going, sweetheart, I'm famished."

She agrees after fake arguing for a while. I wasn't lying when I said I was starving, my stomach has started to sound like a damn washing machine. So I decide to go to Beth's. I place my hand on Wendy's waist and step inside the restaurant only to find the blonde angel I've been trying to keep out of my mind for what seems like hours, laughing with Drew.

Sorry, it's a little longer than my usual chapters.
I was thinking of doing the next chapter in Drew's POV. What do you say? Should I or should I just stick with the alternative POV that I do of Tink and Pete?

Also I'm really sorry this chapter is kinda boring, I have exams at the moment but I really wanted to update. So thanks for reading and sorry for an awful chapter.