Chapter-12

"Break my heart, break it a thousand times if you like.
It was only ever yours to break anyway."
-Maxon Schreave in The One
by Keira Cass

Peter's POV

I walk in the restaurant with Wendy clinging to me like second skin which would have been a turn on any other time but right now my focus was on the closeness between my two friends.

Tink was sitting so close to Drew, practically sitting on his lap making me growl possessively which in turn made Wendy yelp. I carefully put my face into the blank face I had long ago perfected. I think Tink noticed my stare as she moved away from Drew but I was too in rage to notice that.

"Baby? Is everything alright with you? You feel hot and your skin looked flushed? Maybe we should go home. We can continue our date tonight." Wendy screeched in her overly sweet voice loud for Tink's benefit and I don't miss her flinch when Wendy mentioned our date. Maybe I'm not the only one with these confusing feelings. The thought makes me gleeful but I ignore the urge to think about it.

Tink whispers something to Drew recovering the distance between them once again and for the first time since I've entered the restaurant that he finally looks at me. Can't say that I blame him, Tink was too much well, Tink to give her half divided attention.

Drew gets up and acknowledges me with an obvious forced smile of his own matching mine while Wendy blatantly checks him out and then assesses the beautiful blonde as if to reassure herself that she was the prettiest female in the room. To be honest, no supermodel or actress could ever compare to Tink's breathtaking beauty, mouthwatering curves and aquamarine colored big innocent eyes with plush mouth, that I have fantasized about biting more times than I care to admit.

Wendy must have realised the same too as she moved closer to me than she already was making me cringe. She must have seen me checking my angel out and wanted to reassure herself that I was there for her or maybe she's just touchy. I don't really know or care, women are too complex for men to figure them out. All but my best friend coz I know her like the back of my hand. I've known her all my life.

Drew and I do our man hug and share greetings while the girls do there casual Hello's and fake smiles.

"I haven't seen you in so long man. Where have you been these days? Haven't seen you around the club lately too. Taking break from your Playboy ways?" I question. Though Drew is hardly a playboy, he's had his fair share of women and even if he doesn't treat them like trash like some men I know, *mental cough from my conscience* fine then, he doesn't treat women like trash like I do. But he's no prince either, he's never seen with the same woman twice and I want Tink to remember that and not get close to him or do something stupid like fall in love with him.

"Nothing like that, man. I think I'm ready to settle down now. Find a nice girl and experience the happily ever after myself." He declares looking at Tink, but like always, she fails to notice other men's interest in her. How someone so smart and intelligent like her can be so oblivious to people's attention, I'll never know.

"So who's this lovely lady by the way? I'm Andrew Declan, an old friend of this asshole and that princess here." He introduces himself with a handshake.

"She's Wendy. My Personal Assistant and.."

"I'm also his girlfriend." Wendy cuts in and I watch Tink flinch with hurt in her eyes before she masks her expression. But seeing her hurt makes my heart clench painfully. I maybe a good for nothing bastard but I never wanna hurt her. Not intentionally at least.

Drew gives Tink a knowing look but she looks down embarrassed and hurt. Fuck! What did I do now?

Tink recovers before Drew and invites us to join them.

"We'd love to." Wendy says answering on my behalf as I glare at her which she ignores. I hate it when people speak for me. I've hated it since my voice was stolen from me all those years with the wicked witch aka my Aunt.

"Hey, Wendy I'm sorry we couldn't talk much today and I couldn't help you accommodate at work. I had some prior engagement. Our friends are getting married and I have to go dress shopping with her." I don't know how Tink can be so polite to people. Even though I know she doesn't like Wendy, I don't really know why but it's written in her eyes. She can mask her expressions all she wants, but her eyes are her biggest giveaway to those who know where to look.

"Wow, I love weddings. Will you be there too Drew?" Wendy eyes him appreciatively. What the hell is going on? Didn't she just say that she was my girlfriend 5 seconds ago? And now she's eyeing another man?

Drew double blinks at her question and interest but replies with an affirmative. He is actually Sarah's cousin and one of the groomsmen alongside me.

"Did you know Sarah called me at 3am in the morning to confirm if I'm coming or not. Apparently she had a dream that I wasn't at their wedding and since I had the rings they couldn't get married and then there was a tsunami and they all died while I flew over them in a helicopter doing an evil laugh.

She has been having these weird dreams for a better part of a month, And some how I end up being the villain in most, if not all of them." Drew laughs as he tells us the story. And soon Wendy and I join him while Tink tries to hide her smile.

"Oh shut up you all, she's just nervous alright. It's her first wedding. She wants it to be perfect." Tink playfully admonishes us all. "By the way, I called the pilot last night to confirm the flight for the day after tomorrow for the private jet. And Drew, you're coming with us."

"Oh my god Peter, I'm so excited. It will be our first trip. I'll be your date to the wedding, right?" Wendy asks excitedly. I don't really know what I saw in this woman. Sure I want to grow up and settle down but do I see myself with her in the future?

Before I can even say anything, she starts planning the trip and talking about her dress. Guess I have a date for the wedding, I mentally huff.