Chapter-7

"A sea of whiskey couldn't intoxicate me as much as a drop of you"
- J.S. Parker

Tink's POV

"Hey Tink?" Tim sits next to me on the couch with Pete on my other side.

"Yes, little monster?" I look at him to find him slightly blushing.

"Can I have your picture?"

"Sure, honey. Why?"

"So I can show Santa what I want for this Christmas." He replies sweetly and winks at me making me laugh while Pete murmurs something about his cousin being a big flirt. Aren't boys at this age supposed to think girls are yucky? Or has he passed that stage already? Kids sure grow up fast.

"Where'd you here that from big guy?"

"Amy, my babysitter made me watch some girly movies with her last night. The guy said something similar to the girl he liked."

"Tim, you're supposed to focus on your studies okay? Not flirt with girls twice your age. I'll talk to your baby sitter." Peter finally speaks.

"But I like Tink. Kim told me that you flirt with the girls you like. Plus I'm a growing guy, I'll be 11 in 3 months." He says proudly.

"Don't listen to him, Tim. He's just jealous that you know how to flirt with girls. This old meanie simply glares at them." The truth is, even while he just glares at them or simply tells them to leave him alone, girls are always attracted to him.

I know that Pete can have any girl he wants with a snap of his fingers. I just wish that I was the one he wanted but I saw the way he stared at Wendy today. I know him better than he knows himself and he likes that girl. Even if the fact brings me immense pain in my heart, if she can make him happy, then I'll push them together.

I'll find a way to move on like I should have several years ago but I didn't want to. I always thought maybe one day he'll wake up and realise that he loves me too but I have to wake up from that dream. Life isn't a fairytale. There aren't happy endings for everyone. But I'll sacrifice my happy ending any day to see him smile. I love him enough to let him go.

But I still wish, dream and pray that it doesn't happen, that Peter has his happy ending with me not someone else.

I'm lost in my thoughts that I almost don't hear Sam and Sarah come in, Sarah is Sam's fiancee and a good friend of mine. I was actually the one who introduced them.

Sarah comes in and gives me a hug while Peter gives Sam the manly one hand hug/hand shake thingy.

"You should tell him you know." Sarah says looking at Peter. Does she know too? Is it really that obvious?

"Tell him what?" I try to sound nonchalant while my heart beat is increasing by the second.

Sarah simply rolls her eyes at me, "Peter of course. I know you love him Tink, it's written all over your face. I don't know how he hasn't seen it himself but I guess, sometimes people see what they wanna see."

"He's just my best friend." I try defending myself for one last time but give up soon seeing her determined face. "Fine, I'm in love with him. Is it really that obvious?"

"Pretty much, you look at him like the moon and stars shine out of his eyes. Anyway, just tell him. What's the worst that can happen?"

"I can.. We can.. Umm I can die." I reply weakly.

"You can die? That's too dramatic for even you Tink."

"Just forget about it, let's talk about your wedding. So when are we going shopping?" Sarah already asked me to be her bridesmaid right after Sam proposed. She was so excited about it that she called me the minute after he placed the ring on her finger. Peter is one of Sam's groomsmen, while Tim is his best man.

My plan to distract her works coz she starts talking about her wedding which is next Saturday in Hawaii. She always wanted a beach wedding so Peter graciously offered to host the wedding at his hotel at the beach front. They all leave a day after tomorrow while we'll leave Wednesday night.

"So we're going to shop for bridesmaids dresses near your office tomorrow, I've already called Holly and Kim, they'll be there by 2."  Kim and Holly are the other two bridesmaids. Sarah didn't choose a maid of honor as wanted to choose me but it wouldn't have gone well with her family coz Holly is her cousin. Holly is actually a horrible excuse of a person. She always tries to undermine others and wants to be the center of attraction. Plus she gets a little too close to Pete for my liking.

I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow and at the wedding.