Chapter-15

“I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed.
Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.”

–Beautiful Disaster
by Jamie McGuire

Tink's POV

"And who are you going with angel?" Peter questions mockingly. What the hell does he think of himself? Like if he doesn't take me no one else will? I have been in love with this jerk for half of my life but if he keeps acting like a twat, I might not have to worry about that anymore.

Just when I'm about to unleash my fist on him, Drew enters my apartment.

"With me." He informs Peter who looks stiff as a board.

"Hey, Drew. I was just waiting for you .You look good by the way." And he does look good in his blue three piece Italian suit.

"Thanks. You look amazing, Belle." He looks at me in awe. I blush hard under his gaze and start to smile but it dims when I see Peter's murderous expression. If looks could kill, I don't know who, but one of us would be 6 feet under.

"Belle? No Tinky Wink? Or Winky? Or Tiny Tink? Last time I dressed up you called me TinkerWinkle, what kind of a name is that?" I ask to uplift the sullen atmosphere in my apartment.

"You look like a Belle tonight, sweetheart. Absolutely gorgeous." He comes closer and tucks a strand of hair behind my ear. The intensity in his eyes knocks me off my feet.

"Thanks." I mumble shyly looking in his burning eyes, blue flames leaping in their core. The intense stare off is interrupted soon by a cough. We both look at Peter awkwardly who is studying us like an annoying puzzle that just won't solve.

"As you've seen with your own eyes, I have a designated driver. Now let's all leave." They both move out staring at me while I lock the place. I turn to look at Peter.

"Pete, I'm sure Wendy is waiting in the car for you. We'll both see you there." Pete looks at us warily and opens his mouth to say something, most likely object but he closes his mouth as quickly as he opened it before returning to his car.

"Shall we?" Drew offers me his arm with a goofy smile making him 10 times more attractive than he already is.

"Yes, let's." I take his offered arm and we make way to his Aston Martin.

We reach the restaurant an hour later and see the rest of the company already seated having drinks. Wendy studies me for long with a hateful expression but forces a fake smile when she notices my eyes on her.

"Hey, I hope we aren't too late." I say to no one in particular but Peter acknowledges it.

"What took you so long? We left at the same time. You should have been here half hour ago."

"That would be my fault. The weather was perfect so we just drove around a little. You can't fault me for wanting to spend some one on one time with a beautiful lady?" Drew takes the blame. Though it was me who asked him to take the longer way and drive a little slower. I wasn't ready to watch Wendy make gooey eyes at Peter while he whispers sweet nothings or maybe sexual promises in her ears.

"Alright, now that we're all here, let's just start the meeting. This is my assistant Fletcher Wright " Drew motions towards the 20 something looking blonde man in the chair next to Wendy's. He has this really cute baby face that I really wanna squish in my hands but I stop myself from doing that coz that would be awkward. He then motions towards a pretty dark haired woman next to Fletcher, "This is Kate Martin, my business advisor. And let me introduce you both to the lovely, Tinkerbell Fay. She's Peter's PA and an old friend as well as my date today."

After mumbling an awkward greeting we sit on a large round table, Drew sits next to Kate, which leaves me to sit between Drew and Peter. Something that Pete isn't quite happy about if the tightening of his jaw is any indication. What is wrong with him today? Doesn't he wanna sit with me anymore?

We talk shop for better part of an hour before we order dinner. I'm on my 3rd drink who's name I can't remember to save my life but it's pink and pretty so I keep chugging it like water. I giggle silently watching my beautiful drink swirl.

"Okay, that's enough alcohol for you, luv." Peter says taking my cute drink away from me.

"But why? It's only my third.. I guess and it hardly has any alcohol in it." I whine.

"Angel, you go through this dinner without drinking that pink shit and I'll buy you ice cream after it. Deal?" He whispers in my ear, his breath tickling my ear and drowning me in the familiar sensation that makes me want to hold him and never let go.

"Deal." I somehow manage to say, grinning like a loon.

"You should act more professional, you know. I don't know if you're fucking your boss or you're his family friend, but this is no way to behave at a business meeting. You're even dressed like a hoe." Kate sneers from her seat  with disgust after watching me and Pete talk quietly. I guess she took us whispering, sitting so close to each other and me giggling a sign of my unprofessionalism. Maybe I shouldn't have even worn this dress.

I'm not unprofessional. I take pride in my work and like hell, I'm going to let someone accuse me of something I didn't do. Maybe she misunderstood. But I still need to defend myself.

I silently curse myself when I feel my eyes glisten but manage to sound calm when I say.

"I'm sure you're misunderstood, Kate. Pete and I are-"

"Leave, Kate." Drew cuts me off in a cold voice as I try to defend myself and my actions. There's menace and promise of retribution in his voice that I'd hate to be on the receiving end of which surprisingly, Kate isn't.

"What?" Kate screeches so loud that she attracts the attention of the neighbouring tables even though they are far apart to be in a separate room from us.

"You heard me, Kate. The only reason I'm not firing you is because I've known and respected your father for a long time. But if you dared to insult Tink again, I won't extend that respect to you anymore. Leave the damn restaurant after you apologize to my date."

"You can't insult me like this, Andrew. We've known each other for so long. Why are you treating me this way because of this blonde bimbo?"

Ugh, I hate being called a bimbo but I also hate fights and confrontations. I know Drew is about to say something, probably gonna fire her as he warned so I hold his hand above the table and give it a squeeze. He looks at me, eyes soft, so different from the raging storm in his blue eyes a second ago.

I've always known Drew was handsome. But I've never thought much about it as I was waiting around for Peter. Is it possible to move on from Pete? Maybe with Drew, if he likes me?

"Ugh. Are you fucking him too? You gold digging bitch-" Kate is about to ramble more but this time to my surprise Wendy cuts her off.

"Just leave, Kate, before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have. And I won't be too sure about coming to work tomorrow given that your boss is fuming and eyeing you like you do a disgusting bug or a rat." She snaps at the flushed dark haired she-devil and to everyone's surprise, she leaves without causing more drama.

Did Wendy just defend me? Didn't see that one coming if I'm being honest.

Team Drew?

Or

Team Peter?

(I'm actually leaning more towards Drew these days)