Chapter-17

Tink's POV

I wake up with a massive headache and a mind numbing thing going in my head. Ughh, I hate hangovers. Though, I've only had it once but once, it was more than enough. I look around the room confused, where the hell am I?

It's not my bedroom or Peter's, this huge room is pastel green with pearly accent. It kinda looks like me, something that I'd design for myself. Oh shit! It's the guest room in the mansion that I did design with Pete's help. But what am I doing here? I have never slept here. Even when I was sick and I begged Peter to let me sleep alone or he'll get sick, he chose sickness over separation. Although I'm pretty sure he regretted that decision next morning when he was burning with fever and puking his guts out every minute.

Before I get time to think more about it. Mrs. Russels, Peter's sixty years old housekeeperwho comes in twice a week to clean and do other chores, opens the door humming some addictive tune. Frack! There goes my entire day trying to put words to the tune. I hate it when it happens.

"Oh, hey doll, You're up. I just came to give you 'the cure'." She happily puts a green concoction which awfully resembles wheat grass juice on the bedside table.

"Eww. What the frick is this?" I scrunch my nose smelling the awful drink.

"It's a cure for hangover, Mr Panelli sent it along with some medicine. It'll subdue the effects of your last night's spectacle." Her tone is disapproving. Just to save myself from another boring lecture I quickly swallow the awful drink, if that's what you want to call it.

"Oh my God, I'm so going to kill him." I shout while Mrs Russell tries to hide her smile. So she was in on it, well, she's off the Christmas list then.

"Peter Grace Panelli, you are dead." I scream loud enough for the neighbors to hear and rush to his room but the sight in the kitchen makes me pause.

There he is, my crazy, stupid, twat of a boyfriend preparing bacon from the smell of it. Wait a second? Boyfriend? Where did that come from? My vivid imagination, I'm sure. Peter has never been interested in me, never will be. He doesn't look at me like he does at women he's actually attracted to, like he's going to kiss the living hell out of them.

Kiss.. Like he kissed me.. last night? Oh my! Peter kissed me last night! What does that even mean?

It means you idiot, that you gave your first kiss to the man you love. My inner voice injects.

Did he like it? I'm just an inexperienced girl while he has so much of it. Why would he even like my sloppy kisses over his practiced ones?

But does he regrets it? Is that why I was sleeping in the guest room rather than with him?

"You know my middle name isn't Grace, right?" Peter interrupts my mental rants.

"It is if I want it to be. Twenty years Pete! And you haven't told me your middle name. How embarrassing can it be than mine?"

"I think Pixie is a good middle name." Hearing that name in his voice sends shivers in my body. It's been almost 6 years since he has called me that. He used to call me Pixie before. But he hasn't in a long time.

"Whatever."

"Umm, Tink?" Sweat forms on his forehead as he calls my name and my own hands feel clammy. Is this finally our moment? The one where we get together? Where we have our happily ever after?

"Yes, Peter?" I try to sound indifferent incase I deduced the situation wrong.

"Do you remember last night?" He asks, trying to sound nonchalant but his eyes are a dead give away. He doesn't want me to remember what happened last night. Or maybe he's nervous about my reaction.

Should I tell him that I'll never forget that amazing kiss or just tell him I don't remember the best moment of my life to spare him feeling awkward about not returning my feelings. There should be a handbook for these things. I groan internally while thinking about my answer fast.

"Last night?" I try to appear clueless, the ball is in his court now. All he has to do is mention me kissing him and I'll jump his bone this instant.

"You.. uh got drunk last night after dinner and I got you home.." He looks down like he's struggling to say the next words but I see resolve enter his eyes and he suddenly adds, "I just took you to bed to sleep after that, you looked tired."

And there goes my freaking heart..