► F I F T E E N

-

-

The two sat down and let the awkwardness leave. Jungkook then told the story of Jiwoo and him.

JEON JUNGKOOK, FIRST WEEK IN HUMAN WORLD.

Jiwoo wrote down as she always does. Song Jiwoo always recorded everything. Her life and interesting things. The interesting in her life now, was me. Jeon Jungkook, a demon.

"Jungkook-ah?" She called my name out. I turned my head away from the anime and tilted my head slightly, "Yes?"

"Why did you come here?"

"Well at first, I had a mission. To kill a whole city of humans because the underworld needed the souls to feed off of and keep going." Jiwoo started to write what I was saying in her journal, making it all nice and pretty as well.

"But what changed?" She questioned. My head turned back to the anime, I watched it as I responded to her.

"See, I was told to do this months before, but I delayed because I wanted to do my research in this city. Make sure there were no angels who could stop me or hunters and find weak spots in here. And as i was researching.. I found the worth of human life."

"Let me guess, nothing." Jiwoo said.

"No. It wasn't nothing. It was the most important thing." She seemed slightly shocked, but then went back to writing down everything.

"And.. how or who made you change your thoughts?" A grin was then plastered on my face as I turned around to answer.

"It was because of you."

JEON JUNGKOOK
PRESENT DAY

Jungkook smiled painfully as he recalled each and every moment. He made Mina visualize each detail of Jiwoo perfectly.

"And that night, she dropped all her notes and well, we had some fun."

"Typical." Mina playfully scoffed out.

"It was honestly the best night of our lives. We connected even more during that. No more notes, no more bloodlust, no more.. hate between the two worlds." Jungkook said. Tears glistened against his eyes but he wouldn't dare let them go.

"But of course when this was showed in the underworld, more demons became like me. And that resulted into Jihyun and Jimin's father, to make those demons vanish from the air. But for me, he needed me. I was the best one to bring souls." Mina knew where this was going and tried to stop Jungkook from speaking because clearly, this was breaking him again.

"He made me go crazy, just like Jihyun did to me," A sad chuckle left his mouth, "And I went on the rampage I was supposed to do years ago. I killed hundreds of people. And then I went after her, I killed Jiwoo because of my love for her."

All those tears that were ready to pour out, finally did. He started to choke on his sobs and Mina rushed to Jungkook and pulled him into a tight hug.

He kept repeating that he's sorry. Because of him, Jiwoo has never been able to rest in peace. Jungkook never admitted to his mistakes because of the pain that it brought him, and that's why Jiwoo never left to the world above.

After hours of crying his heart out, Jungkook calmed down. His eyes were droopy now and he swore that before he fell asleep on Mina, he saw a faint figure that shimmered. A soft, "Thank you," was whispered and then he fell asleep, his heart warmed and all the pain just suddenly disappeared.

-

I hated this.