Chapter 6

(3rd Person)

(Y/N) arrived at the battle scene that would be the test whether he's worthy of being a hero or not, he looked around at all the students gathered around, of course, everyone had changed out of their school uniforms and into their training gear... but since (Y/N) was homeschooled he had no school uniform to change out of. Once he was there, everyone's confidence had dropped slightly due to remembering the aura of determination both he and Mark proudly displayed earlier, everyone couldn't help but feel a little hopeless at the fact that such a strong examinee was with them.

Well, all but one as (Y/N) instantly recognised them from the floating outfit running right towards him, stopping just in front of him before excitedly jumping on the spot.

Hagakure: (L/N)!! Nice to see a familiar face, now I know to work extra hard to show you my skills!

(Y/N) smiled, pulling out his notebook since he knew Hagakure didn't understand sign language and then writing down his response.

(Y/N): 'Yeah, Mark was sent to another arena, I had another friend as well but it looks like he's in a different location as well, it's reassuring that there's at least one person I recognise here, even if we've only known each other for five minutes.'

Hagakure: I know what you mean! Everyone here's so on edge, it's like they don't even acknowledge it as an exam, but something that'll kill them if they fail!

(Y/N): 'Well, they are all trying their best to become the next generation of heroes Hagakure, I don't see why they shouldn't be on edge, it's a lot of pressure to pass something that only a few out of the thousands who are here can manage.'

Hagakure: I guess... but still, you'd think everyone would be wishing each other good luck at least! Even if it's supposed to be an intense competition, everyone needs to remember to have fun!

(Y/N): 'You make a great point Hagakure, that's why I'll be the first to wish you good luck in the trial ahead'.

Hagakure: Aww, that's so sweet! Thanks, and good luck to you too (L/N)!!

With that, the invisible girl ran closer to the entrance gate, hoping to get a good start once someone announced the beginning of the trial. (Y/N) took a good look at everyone in the arena with him, there was Hagakure, a boy who had a head like a bird, a girl who had her tongue hanging out slightly, and a bunch of other people he didn't recognise nor could figure out their quirk just by looking at them... but then, the boy hummed in confusion when he spotted someone peeking their head around the corner of the edge of the wall that surrounded the arena.

From what he could see, it definitely wasn't an examinee considering the person was too small and too young, barely reaching (Y/N)'s thigh, when he turned fully towards the little person, (Y/N) saw said person flinch and hide behind the wall again. He was about to walk over to see who that was...

Present Mic: Start!!!

Until he looked up in confusion, seeing Present Mic looking over his and another battle arena's competitors, but, no one even moved a muscle which again irritated the loud pro hero.

Present Mic: What's wrong everybody!? You thought there'd be some sort of countdown!? Pro heroes and villains never wait for a countdown, they're always ready to strike at a moment's notice, now let's go, go, go!!!!

And with that, everyone snapped out of their stupor, running into their respective arenas with (Y/N) in front of everyone at the C arena and over in the B arena we had Mark leading everyone from in front. Both boys were gaining looks of surprise from everyone at their speed since it looked like they were jogging, yet they were leaving a massive dust trail behind them from the sheer speed they were generating.