Chapter 13

(3rd Person)

After (Y/N) informed U.A staff of Eri and how she was his little sister, they allowed him to bring her on campus, but only until the end of the school day... meaning Eri would have to head home to the place that made her terrified, (Y/N) didn't want that to happen now, whatever happens at home obviously scares Eri so much that she begs (Y/N) to never leave her, he had an idea... but it would take a miracle to pull off.

So, at the end of the school day, (Y/N) stood at the school gates with Eri tightly clutching his leg, fearing she was about to be sent home after spending so much time making new friends and for once in her life: feel joy and have fun. Mark came running out of the school, heading right for the two as he stopped in front of (Y/N), both hands on the straps of his backpack while a smile was stuck to his face.

Mark: Alright, let's go!

Eri: W-w-will, I have... to go... h-h-h-home?

Her voice was shaking at that, Mark couldn't help but give the girl a sympathetic look, he looked up at (Y/N) who was simply staring at the road ahead, not even reacting to the girl's question which made him think he wasn't going to do anything. That was, until (Y/N) placed a hand on Eri's head, mindful of her horn while he ruffled her hair. Eri didn't know whether that was to comfort her when going 'home', or reassuring her it's not going to happen. (Y/N)'s emotionless expression didn't exactly help her decipher the meaning behind the affectionate action.

Sofia: Hold it!

Everyone looked, Sofia was stomping out of the school with her strap bag looking much bigger than before, her expression obviously spoke of irritation... most likely because of All Might's punishment after she attempted to kill Yaoyorozu during the exercise.

Mark: What's got you so disgruntled? Throwing a hissy fit over extra lessons?

Sofia: Shut it!

Mark: Be grateful, if it was any other teacher like Aizawa, you would've been out of this school straight away for attempted murder... possibly even locked up.

Sofia: I already told you: the hero course isn't for weaklings, if she couldn't withstand my attack then she had no place here in the hero course.

Mark: Being a hero isn't always about having power that you can use over others. You need to have the right attitude first of all.

Sofia: Tch, and this is why I know I can beat you, Killa, you're too soft, you're the kind that'll make a mistake and get himself killed even when you have such overwhelming strength like myself and (L/N).

(Y/N) and Eri just continued watching them argue, Mark trying to make it clear that power wasn't everything and Sofia rebutting that statement, stating that without power, you can't survive in the world and that every hero should always use their power to make their mark in this world, to show criminals they aren't here to constantly play around.

Eri: Miss Yuko... she doesn't act like a hero...

(Y/N) shook his head in agreement, he then started to walk with Eri hurrying after him, hoping not to get caught up in the continuing argument between the two... (Y/N) most likely got out of there for the same reason since Mark and Sofia would use him for their arguments soon.

Eri: (Y/N)...

He hummed, showing he was listening as the two continued walking, Eri fidgeting in place while her eyes continued to travel between (Y/N) and the ground... then, she nervously held out her hand causing (Y/N) to stop and look down at her.

Eri: C-c-can you...

It was obvious she was nervous, and at the same time afraid... something must've happened back at her 'home' to fear touching someone else, nonetheless, (Y/N) slowly reached out his hand causing Eri to flinch slightly... only to slowly calm down as she felt (Y/N)'s hand carefully wrap around her own and warm her slightly. She looked up, only to see the blank stare of (Y/N), however, she smiled at seeing it because he didn't fake any smiles to make her feel better, or hide any evil intentions like 'he' would.