High School, Spiderman, and Tony Stark?

I mentally groaned as I easily weaved in and out of crowds through the streets of Queens, New York. My eyes scanned the food stands and endless amounts of people rushing to get to work and school. I looked up at all the tall buildings and the sunny, morning sky. If only it wasn't a school day; I'd have a blast hanging out in Central Park and having another go at sketching Stark Tower. I lowered my music as I neared the doors to Midtown High School and checked the time.

     7:44 A.M. I still had time to grab my things from my locker and maybe avoid Jeffery Donaldson.

     Ignore Jeffery? I rolled my eyes at the thought. Ever since I started going to Midtown, Jeffery and I butt heads nearly on a daily basis. If only it was possible to ignore Jeffery's stupid face.

     Shaking my head slightly, I maneuvered through the throngs of students and reached my locker. Just as I shoved my Chemistry textbook into my backpack, I heard someone walking towards me in a rushed fashion. Curious, I peeked around the corner of my locker and grinned. Peter smiled and waved amiably.

     "Hey, Jade!"

     I shut my locker and shouldered my backpack.

     "Hey, yourself. How'd the Lego Batmobile with Ned go?" I asked as I brushed a dark curl from my view.

     "We, uh, didn't get to finish it." He shrugged lamely. "Something... came up." he excused unconvincingly.

       I rolled my eyes and smirked.

     "Came up?" I leaned in and lowered my voice. "How are the Spidey-senses?"

     Peter quickly looked around to make sure no one heard me.

     "Lower your voice! Someone might hear you!" He hissed.

     I couldn't help but laugh at his paranoia. "Sorry, Pete. So, what's actually up?"

     All traces of fear that were etched into his face escaped and was replaced with excitement as his eyes lit up. "Tony Stark is coming to Midtown to talk about the internship he's offering to excelling students!"

     I raised my eyebrows in surprise. "Seriously? That's amazing!"

     "I know! Imagine, the Iron Man is going to come to Midtown to talk to a bunch of high schoolers! I mean, that's-" Peter's excited rant was cut off by the first period bell and we simultaneously sighed.

     "Well, we better get to class. Mr. Donovan won't be happy if I'm late. Again." I waved good-bye to Peter and we went our separate ways, leaving me to my thoughts. I had figured out Peter was Spiderman a while ago after I was suspicious of his sudden disappearances and variety of injuries. Finally, I had confronted him and practically forced the confession out of him.

     Of course, he made me swear on my life to not tell anyone besides Scarlet Dare, my best friend, who had known before I did. Ever since, Peter, Scarlet, and I are the only ones who knew about his secret identity.

     I pushed open the door and entered the art classroom just as Mr. Donovan started to take attendance. He looked up from his computer and raised a blonde eyebrow.

     "I appreciate the fact that you've decided to join us for class today, Ms. Peyton." He drawled sarcastically.

     "Well, I appreciate your appreciation." I sassed
back as I took my seat beside Scarlet.

     "You really shouldn't test him." She warned playfully. "He just might throw a paintbrush at you someday."

     I scoffed and pulled out my sketchbook.

     "I'd like to see him try."

       Little did I know, I was going to have to worry about a lot more than a paintbrush because my entire world was about to be flipped upside down.