I Punched A Boy And I Liked It

I exited through the doors of the building and pulled out my phone to call Gran and let her know I wasn't dead when my phone was snatched out of my hands. My head snapped up and I scowled at my phone's kidnapper.

     Jeffery had seized my phone and was glaring so heatedly I was surprised his eyes didn't combust.

    "Give me my phone."I ordered through gritted teeth.

     "Oh, I'm terrified! Peyton's going to beat me up!" he cried with mock fear, waving my phone above his head.

     "I'm going to-" I took a step towards him but was immediately grabbed from behind. 2 of Jeffery's friends had my arms in a tight grip and I saw another 2 of them pop into view and join their jerk of a leader.

     "What was that, Peyton?" he cupped his hand around his ear and leaned in. "I couldn't hear you over the sound of your breaking phone."

     My eyes widened. "Wait, no!"

     It was too late. He smashed the phone into the concrete and stomped on it for good measure. For a moment, I stopped fighting against the 2 boys grip, which seemed to concern them for a second. I couldn't help but stare at the demolished phone, or what was left of it. It took me ages to convince my grandma to let me upgrade my phone and I had even pooled some of my money to purchase it.

     Slowly, I raised my head so I was level with Jeffery's face. He had the same smirk on his face that he had when he had stuffed Peter into a locker in the boy's locker room.

     I'm going to kill him. That was the only thought going through my mind at the moment.

     "What, nothing to say?" he pouted. "That's a shame since you were so big mouthed earlier."

     I didn't say anything because I was sure if I did, I wouldn't be speaking PG anymore. His smirk turned into a sneer when he noticed my lack of a reaction.

     "Take her into the ally."

     My heart pounded in my chest as I was forcefully dragged into the empty ally behind the school dumpster. Empty beer bottles and burned out cigarette butts littered the ground. My backpack had fallen off somewhere along the way. The two boys that were gripping me were starting make my arms ache and as I tried to rack my brain for a way out of here, I saw the rest of Jeffery's gang show up.

     "Great, did you invite your parents too?" I drawled sardonically, craning my neck to see if anyone else was going join the 'Let's beat Jade up' party.

     They all put on threatening looks and cracked their knuckles in hopes of scaring me. I did a head count of how many guys I needed to take down. Eight. That wasn't good. Gran taught me how to fight; and really well, too. But this? I've never been in a real fight before so now it was a matter if I was going to chicken out or kick their butts.

     "What do you want, Donaldson?" I growled.

     His blue eyes flashed darkly. "What I've wanted ever since you came to Midtown." he rolled his neck and took a threatening step towards me. "Revenge."

     I looked back at him. Was he actually that stupid? I could break his ribs four different ways if I wanted. Not that I've tried. Yet.

     The captor to my left suddenly reached for my neck and I saw the chance. I threw my head back as hard as I could and heard the crack of his nose. He cried out and yells erupted as they charged towards me.

     I pulled out the pencil in my pocket and thrust into the arm of a large brute while kicking another in the jaw. Grabbing the captor to my right, I used him to block punches, slowly backing my self into the wall. He collapsed and I was left with my fists in front of me.

     I didn't know what happened, or how, but a calm came over me; like someone had shrouded a blanket on me as muscle memory took over. Moves and attacks I was nearly 100% sure I never learned were used against the boys.

     It wasn't long before there was a total of 7 boys on the dirty floor of the ally and I was standing face to face with Jeffery who seemed to be the only not bleeding somewhere. His face was contorted into a look of outrage but his eyes were terrified. I could've only imagined what I looked like now. My hair had fallen out of it's place and hung around my face while jeans were dirtied and bloodied.

     "You fight like a girl."

     He shouted like a gorilla and launched himself at me. I took his outstretched arm, elbowed him in the face, and judo-flipped him over my shoulder. Jeffery howled with pain as his back slammed into the pavement. I towered over him with my foot planted firmly on his chest.

     "I promise, if you ever, ever talk, look, or breathe in Peter's, Ned's, or my direction ever again, I will do so much more than knock your group of monkeys unconscious." I seethed, emphasizing every word by pressing my foot a bit harder against his chest.

     He looked up fearfully and made a sound of agreement. Breathing heavily, I moved my foot, allowing Jeffery to inhale sharply. Stumbling, I left the alley and grabbed my backpack and the remnants of my phone. Taking one last glance at the ally, I limped away rubbing my side.

     "Oh, Gran's not going to be happy." I muttered.