We're On Iron Man's Speed Dial?

The days counting down to Tony Stark's visit to Midtown High soon finished, leaving the school buzzing with excitement and energy.

     Peter was practically shaking with excitement as we all started to file into the auditorium, Ned and I had each helped to escort him up to the bleachers in case he fell out of them altogether.

     "Wow, you've really managed to work yourself up, Pete." I teased as I smoothed down my shirt and adjusted my leather jacket.

     "Of course I did! This is huge! He's Tony Stark! Owner of a multimillion company! He's-he's-"

     "Your role model." I finished for him, efficiently cutting off his rant. Or so I thought.

     "Oh my god, what if we get chosen for the internship? I mean, we're pretty smart, right? So we should be on his radar, right?" he blurted quickly, managing to work himself up even more.

     I rolled my eyes and Ned joined in on Peter's excited fanatics. I opened my mouth to tease them when a voice beat me to it.

     "Hey, could you shut up?" a boy growled.

     The three of us turned around to face none other than Jeffery Donaldson sneering down at us. On either side of him, his gang of idiots mirrored their boss's face.

     "Actually, no." I glared back. "Mr. Stark's presentation hasn't started yet so we're allowed to talk."

     His nostrils flared and a dark strand of hair fell out of it's perfectly gelled place. "Did you smart-mouth me, Peyton?"

     "Yes, I did." I shot back. "Though it's not hard to out smart you, Donaldson."

     "Jade, let him be." Ned quickly cut in.

     "It's fine." Peter agreed, nervously sizing up Jeffery and his pack of goons.

     "What, scared, Parker? Afraid your parents won't be able help protect you?" he taunted.

     Peter's eyes flashed and he pursed his lips. That was the last straw.

     "Why, you little-" I nearly lept at him but Ned and Peter quickly dragged to me another seat before I could punch that stupid smirk off Jeffery's face.

     "I'm going to kill him." I growled as I was forced into a seat between the 2 boys.

     "Look, he's just trying to bother you, okay? Please don't kill anyone?" Peter asked carefully.

     "No promises." I grumbled darkly as the light suddenly dimmed and students started cheering, directing our attention to the stage.

     "It's starting!" Peter grinned.

     The spotlight shone on the stage and out walked none other than Tony Stark, wearing a large smile on his face.

     "Hello, Midtown High!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

     Peter, Ned, and I all left the auditorium bright-eyed after the event had concluded. Slowly, a smile spread onto Peter's face and he ran a hand through his hair.

     "That. Was. Amazing." he breathed happily. The three of us fell silent but were promptly interrupted by a loud ringtone emitted from Ned's pocket.

     "Sorry about that." he grinned sheepishly. "That's my ride home. I'll talk to you guys later."

     Peter and I waved our good-byes and turned down a corridor.

     "Wouldn't it be great if we suddenly bumped into Iron Man?" I laughed, knowing there was no way that would happen.

     "Great, indeed." a voice chuckled.

     We both whipped around and gasped when we saw who was standing before us. Tony Stark was smiling at us as I slowly felt Peter shake beside me.

     "Tony Man! I mean Iron Stark! Wait, I-" Peter embarrassedly rambled off as Tony watched amusedly and I rubbed my forehead in exasperation.

     Tony just chuckled again and smiled kindly. "Don't worry about it, kid. You wouldn't be the first to call me Tony Man." he teased.

     Peter's cheeks flushed and I decided to speak up.

     "Your presentation was really cool." I complimented, hoping I didn't sound like a clingy fangirl.

     Tony took a good look at me before offering his hand. "Thanks, kiddo. It only took me a few hours of procrastination to put together."

     I smiled and shook his hand in response. "Don't we all know it? Sorry about Peter here, he gets star-struck pretty easily." I explained, hoping to clear Peter's first impression up.

     Tony shook Peter's hand and smiled. "Peter Parker, right?"

     Peter's eyes widened slightly before nodding. "You know my name?"

     "Do I know your name? Of course I know your name! It was on the list of excelling students that I was given." he turned to me and scratched his chin thoughtfully. "Let me guess, Jade Peyton?"

     I gave him a skeptical look. "How'd you know that? I didn't introduce myself yet."

     He shrugged. "Lucky guess. Besides, your eye color kind of hints at your name, don't you think?"

     I simply blinked in response as he continued to think. "You're name was on the list too, I think. Who knows? I might just pick you two as my interns." he grinned.

     Peter and I both shared an awed look as Tony laughed. "Aw, don't act surprised. I read your files. Peter's G.P.A is a 3.9 and Jade's is a 4.6. You two stand out pretty well in my opinion."

     Peter opened his mouth to say something but Tony looked at his watch and sighed. "Well, it's been great talking to guys but duty calls, I'll be sure to keep you on speed dial, alright?" he winked.

      We couldn't do anything but nod and wave at his departure. As soon as he was out of sight, Peter turned to me and squealed.

     "Tony Stark has us on speed dial!" he exclaimed, clapping his hands together.

     I couldn't help the grin that was spreading on my face; I had to admit, it was pretty cool that we bumped into Tony Stark alone but for him to say we stood out? Now, that was awesome.

     "This is our little secret, okay?" I said quietly.

     He nodded a little too enthusiastically. "Absolutely."

     I checked my phone and grimaced. I missed 4 calls from Gran. I groaned and ran a hand through my long curls. She was going to make me do double training today, no doubt.

     "Well, I need to get going. Gran's gonna kill me if I'm not back by the 4th of July." I scoffed as I rolled my eyes.

     Peter cringed. "Ooh. I'll leave you to that. See you tomorrow."

I waved and made my way out of the building and on my way home. Oh, if only it was going to be as simple as that.