This Was NOT Part Of The Plan

Steve said something but I didn't hear. I couldn't hear. I was too dumbfounded. This was all too much for me. How was Bucky here? In D.C.?

I snapped back to attention when I saw Bucky suddenly draw his gun and prepare to aim with lightning speed.

Run! a voice said.

All I could hear was the thump-thump of my heart as I took off in his direction.

Wrong way! the voice panicked.

Captain America screamed something about stopping but I didn't. Almost like in slow motion, the Winter Soldier turned in my direction and I saw him pull the trigger. I grit my teeth and spun out of the way. The bullet whizzed by my ear, missing it by a hair, while I launched myself at him.

My fist collided with his chest and I felt his leg knock me off my feet. I retaliated by kicking his kneecap and he nearly destroyed my foot with his metal arm. And that's how it kept going; I would block a hit then attempt to get back. With every close shot, my heart beat a bit harder.

I knew what he could do to me if I let down my guard for just one second. I knew fully well what he was capable of. And I knew that HYDRA had kept him since I gone; training him and wiping him until he didn't know who I was anymore.

I gasped as he slammed into a car with his metal arm around my neck. I struggled for air and locked eyes with him.

It's me. I pleaded mentally. I'm back.

Black dots danced in my vision as I saw something flicker in his eyes. Recognition?

Now's your chance.

Mustering all the energy I had left, I recoiled my leg and brought it up to his groin, making sure to channel all of my anger and frustration I had pent up over the past two days into this one kick.

But something unexpected happened. I expected the Soldier to stumble backwards and maybe try to hit me again. Instead, he was sent flying backwards as soon as a green force met him with the speed of a train.

I fell to my knees massaging my neck and trying to inhale more air. What just happened? I looked down at my hands and inhaled sharply. There was some magical green aura swirling around my fingers and my necklace was glowing like crazy.

That's it. I thought miserably. I've officially lost it.

"Drop the shield Cap!"

"On your knees! On your knees!"

Police sirens and men swarmed the area, handcuffing Black Widow, Captain America, and the dark skinned man from the bridge. I tried to stand but as soon I did, I felt the end of a gun touch the back of my head and some guy wearing all black marched up to me.

"On the ground! Do you hear me? On your knees!" he shouted.

I was pushed to ground and I felt the cold metal of the handcuffs clasp around my wrists. I desperately looked around for Bucky but I didn't see anything. He was gone. Like a ghost.

Crap.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was him." Steve said numbly. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me."

I didn't meet any of the adults' eyes and listened to my biggest inspiration talk about his best friend. I couldn't believe it. I was arrested by S.H.I.E.L.D. I was as good as dead when I got back home. Gran was going to personally kill me and bury me in the backyard.

The truck we were all in hit another bump and the dark skinned man spoke.

" How is that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." he rationalized.

"Zola." Steve answered easily. "Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall. They must have found him and..." he trailed off and Natasha quickly jumped in.

"None of that's your fault, Steve." she comforted. I looked at where the bullet had entered her shoulder and where she was bleeding on her jacket. If she didn't treat that soon, she was definitely going to bleed out.

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky." Steve mumbled. My heart clenched and I closed my eyes. I felt his pain. Both his and Bucky's. I knew how much this was hurting Steve like it was with me. And I knew what Bucky had gone through that had made him this way. I opened my eyes and saw Natasha's breathing get a tad heavier.

"We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." The man tried again. One of the guards threatened him with the electric rod and he jerked backwards.

Then the same guard knocked out their partner with the stick of doom and kicked them in the chest for good measure. I groaned and massaged my abdomen with my cuffed wrists. I was in no condition to fight another person. Again.

The guard took off their helmet to reveal a woman with brown hair pulled back in a bun. She breathed a sigh of relief and blew her bangs out of her face. "That thing was squeezing my brain."

Her eyes sized up the man before turning to me. "Who are these guys?"

Natasha and Steve shared a look before turning to me. I shrunk in my seat and suddenly seemed to realize the awkward situation I was in.

"Is she a good guy?" The woman asked.

Steve opened his mouth to answer but Natasha beat him to it. "Yes."

Surprised, I looked over at the assassin and mouthed "Thank you." She simply nodded before looking back at our savior.

The brunette nodded and used the electric rod to cut a hole in the floor of the van like it was butter.

"Now, " she looked around at the four of us. "Who's first?"

A/N- Sorry for the lack of updates! I have uploaded 2 new chapters and merged with The Winter Soldier story line as promised! What do you guys think? Leave a comment and vote! Thanks!