Showdown

Also dedicated to Heather439 !!!

The red sun had finally set. The seemingly dead night was indeed alive. The jungle seemed to quiet down in anticipation for what was soon about to happen. After I buried Eli, I went back to the tree near the compound. The one that I used to scout the compound the first time. I had Eli's black bag with me and the heavy black gun from the dead man. I wasn't going to be sneaky this time around. I didn't want to kill anyone, but I can't risk the possibility of someone that I didn't knock out properly, and alert his people before we even leave. The two options seemed to wind themselves around me and put an anchor around my heart. Do I kill him, or do I knock him out? Either way, they'll die in the explosion. The battle in my mind, wasn't something I could just brush off my shoulder and forget about it until happend. 

It is finally time to make my move. I climbed down the tree and snuck towards the part of the fence closest to the jungle brush. There was one guard in that area and ten more in close proximity to his area. The man was just standing there idly holding his gun. I would have figured that he would be talking into his walkie- talkie, or playing poker with the other group of men to my furthest right, or doing something.

I took a deep breath, I could kill him, or knock him out. Sweat poured down my face, and my shirt was becoming soaked. He turned around and I saw my chance. I juped on his back and put him in a choke hold. He reached for my arms and scratched with his nails. I used my other arm to pull tighter on his throat. The struggle didn't last long and he fell to his face, unconsious. I held on a little longer to make sure that he would be unconsious for a while. I dragged his body into the brush and put his clothes on over mine. I ripped my a long strip off the bottom of my shirt and gagged him. I ripped a few more pieces and tied his hands and feet. I felt a great weight life from my heart. I was glad that I didn't kill him. It won't hold himArmy green compat pants, and combat boots that fit too big like the shirt did. I walked calmly to the entrance of the building and went in. "Fallon said he would meet me on the roof, but if they see that we are leaving, there is a big possiblitly that they could shoot us down before we even get far enough away. Someone could chase us before I detonate the bomb and survive." I conversed with myself. Men rushed pass me but didn't even look my way. I hoped that I wouldn't look too out of place, with my dirty face, radiating hatred.

The second hallway that I walked into, was not empty like the rest of the place. It was full of soldiers leading ten men in black suits into a room. I stood at attention like the other men, but my eyes fell on one of the men as he walked by. He held a straight face until his eyes fell on mine. He flashed me a dirty smile before disapearing into the room with the other men. I battled to keep a straight face, and held back my hatred. This man has been the operator behind all the drugs on this side of the world.

 I continued to walk through the building untill I found the stairs that led to the roof. I glanced around and then jogged up. I opened the door and saw Fallon leaning against the helicopter. He had an army cap covering his dark brown curly hair and it was slightly tipped down to cover his eyes. Another man wearing soldier clothes was standing next to him, and another was sitting inside the helicopter. He stole a quick glance at me and began to make his way toward the helicopter. "Wait" I called out. "What?, we have to go. All the bosses are in there. Don't you want to go home?" Fallon said annoyed.  Tthere were others who helped Eli, why don't we save them too?" I questioned. Fallon stared at me and rubbed his temples. "They want to stay." he said simply. I gasped. He had to be lying, why would anyone want to die? "You're lying." I said. "Do you remember when Eli said he felt that he would rather die a man than a monster? Well, these men feel like it's to late for them. Once I told them what happened to Eli, they decided to stay and share the same fate. We all came here from similar curcumstances and wanted vengence. He was the only thing that kept our will strong. Each one of us owe our lives to him." Fallon finished. Tears rolled from my eyes. Eli was truly a hero to these men. The man standing beside him nodded and then climbed into the helicopter and sat next to the other man.