Chapter 1 P:1

Splash splash

There's nothing like jumping in puddles after a rainy day. The laughter of a young boy rang out through the fields. "Mark, come back you rascal!" A tall boy, maybe a teenager, ran after the young kid. Consumed by laughter, the child slipped and fell scraping his knee. He whimpered and held his knee as he stared to cry. "Aw it's okay bud." The young boy picked up his brother and carried him back to the house. The boy was softly crying by now as the smell of coffee filled the boys noses. "Mark, whats the matter?" A young woman took the boy into her arms and rocked him back and forth. "We were playing in the yard and he tripped and fell." 

The woman grabbed a wet rag and carefully cleaned the boys knee. "See baby. Just a scratch." She set the kid back on the ground who seemed to be in a much better mood. "Honey, it's time to go." A taller man came into the room with his family. "Dad? Where are you guys going?" The teenage boy asked. "On a business trip. We'll be back before you know it." The mother poked the little boys nose before standing with her husband. "Love you guys. Tom, take care of your brother." The father kissed his boys goodbye before they left.

For days they didn't come back. Normally their "business" trips took up to three days, so the boys weren't worried. But when three days turned to a week, and a week became a month, they grew scared. After three years, a carriage pulled in front of their house. The boys rushed out to hug their parents. But their father stepped out with a solemn look. "Momma?" The older boy looked at his brother before looking to his dad. "Dad? Where's mom?" Their father embraced his sons. 

"There was a crash."

The family fell into a  sort of depression. She had been the glue to the family. She kept the boys from fighting. 

"Now now boys, let's not fight. Come help your mom with the dishes Tom."

"Would you quit being such a cry baby! Leave me alone for once!"

She helped when her husband got frustrated with his wok.

"Babe, take a break shall we?"

"Stupid papers. Stupid Calvary!"

Without her, the house grew apart. The father resigned from the Calvary, Tom stayed shut in his room, and Mark non stops trained with a dummy all of his days. The father sat in his office with his head in his hands. "The Legend was wrong my dear. Maybe we weren't the ones supposed to go." He brushed the scroll off of his desk. The Legend of Tempus

15 years later

Clang! Rip! Crash!

Another training dummy fell to th ground. Mark fixes his fluffy black hair before sheathing his sword. A small sigh escaped his lips as he left the old barn. It's walls decayed from age and termites. The house door opened and Tom jogged Out. He took a small glance at his brother before going to the mail. Mark stomped past his brother up the stairs to his house. He threw his sword down onto the bench before walking back down.

"Morning Mark." Tom muttered. Mark ignored him and kept walking towards the tavern he knew so well. As soon as he entered the syringe smell of alcohol hit him. Though he couldn't drink it, he still stopped by this place to see his pals every once in a while. "Evening Mark, let me guess a "beer?" He made air quotes with his fibers to tease his friend. Mark smirked and playfully punched him. "You know me Wade. So why you askin?" Wade laughed before going behind the bar to get Marks drink.

"Hey bud." A hand clapped onto Marks shoulder causing him to jump. "Damn it Bob! Quit scarin me!" His friend Bob laughed before pushing up his glasses. "I'll have an actual beer Wade. Cause I'm an ACTUAL man." Wade laughed handing Mark his drink who scowled at the two of them. "Well I'm sorry that i don't want to die!" Mark shot back at Bob before taking a swing of his drink. "Oh calm down you baby. I'm only messing with you." Bob jokes as he received his drink as well. Wade pulled up a stool and sat across from the two as they began to talk. 

"So Bob, since you're part of the Calvary's mage sector, got any juicy gossip from the royal pain?" Mark asked. Wade fakes gasped while Bob rolled his eyes. "You're gonna get killed if you keep talking about the prince like that." Mark repeated Bobs eyeroll only more extra. "Anyway, rumor has it that one of the mages saw a vision. Of a new legend." Wades eyes widened in excitement but Mark groaned. "Really? Have they put it on scrolls yet?" Bob nodded. "It's strange I've noticed. It's a lot like the Legend of Tempus." Mark shuddered. The Legend of Tempus was said to have happened fifteen years ago. Around the time that his mother died.

"So to shorten things up for you. (And those of you who didn't read the summary which was basically the prologue you geniuses) Just like the Legend of Tempus. Six people have been chosen to "correct the past" and fulfill the previous Legend which was never completed. Once again three humans and three-"

"Elves" Mark scoffed. "Everyone knows Elves aren't real. Neither is Elvendale, or unicorns or fairies!" His friends looked at him concerned. For all of Marks life he grew up being told of the forest fairy and her three amulets. After fifteen years of it, he grew tired of it. "Mark, I don't mean to make you even more aggravated, but there are actually been signs or "spottings" of this forest fairy." Mark groaned and slammed the rest of his drink before standing up. "You can believe those stories all you want. But I won't, now I'm going on a walk. If you want to join that's fine by me." Mark wouldn't except it, he wouldn't even begin to think that Youtubria was real.

Because if Youtubria was real, then So was Tempus. Which means that Marks father had been lying about his mothers death the whole time.