5

Olive has finally arrived from the supermarket and then to her house.... she is struggling to get all of her groceries into the house, they're very heavy and slightly difficult to carry.

Jesus Christmas, I didn't know it was going to be that much of a struggle to get all of my groceries into the house, it's old age and lack of strength... I guess. That's what it would do to you.... not exercising everyday... not being healthy... would make you weak and helpless like a vegetable or a sweet potato. I love my starch... but I cannot have too many of it... the doctor said that it's bad for me in other parts. I should eat less starch and more vegetables and less protein. I listen to him. He's a good doctor.... a very attractive one as well... but he's too young for me. And I'm too old for him... I'm too old for everyone.
But I ain't too old for chutes and ladders and CANDYLAND!!!! Oh god... candyland... one of the most joyous games you could ever imagine to play on a rainy day or in the even when you don't have nothing to do but just think of fiddling with cow titties or clean the gutter trash from the tractor over at Mr. and Mrs. Shore's farm down the lane. candyland is for everybody.

...

Olive shuts her door and begins her house work. That old cow needs to clean her home for her guest to come over for dinner..... today in the evening. Before she cleans her home, she trots over to Gary's tank. She checks on him, daily. Which is grand. He is Olive's only true friend that she has in her home and life. "Oh Gary, aren't you excited for... the beautiful young man in yellow to come by my house in the evening and have dinner with me? I am."

Gary once again gulps and blows bubbles in the water.

"I know... I know... I didn't need to call a hotline for a friend to come over and have dinner with me, I have you. But sometimes... it gets a little tedious and lonely talking to myself all day, which I don't mind it. I need a real person to communicate with and ask me how my day was. And maybe... make me feel like I matter.... afterwords"

Gary stay silent but stares at Olive with his big fishy eyes and then eerily blinks at her while the rapid static noises from Gary's lightbulb lingers through Olive's wrinkled ears... making her numb to all emotions except for happiness. Olive watches Gary swim in the water for a moment and then walks off to clean her house afterwards.