15

A banana bread with a hot cup of coffee to drink it down, would be nice. Oh, but I can't. I have to get myself ready. Today, I'm gonna go to the Sanitarium to visit my little girl, Robin. My sweet... sweet... sweet girl, Robin. The oldest out of my six children. Too bad Charles isn't coming with me to visit Robin. But he has to go to work so he could pay for the lights around here to stay on, and put food on the table, make ends meet. We're living in hard times right now.

...

I step out of the shower and scurry to my bedroom all soaking wet. Water from my arms and legs are dripping onto the floor making a mess that I will soon have to clean later. I browse through my closet like a hurried mouse and search for nice clothes to wear for my date with Robin. Would something green be nice for the visit? I have an emerald green blouse that I could put on. But... I'm not really feeling it right now. Let's try something else, What about a sunshine yellow dress? Nah, too bright. There has to be something to wear for the visit, what to wear? What to wear? Ohhh... ohhhh... oohhh... I think I found something, this would be perfect. A black-white horizontal striped long sleeve shirt, a nice dark.. very very dark scarf around my neck for the cold and a nice grey jacket to cover me up from the windy breeze. Oh boy, now that's nice. I'm gonna wear this and Robin is gonna love me in it.

...

I toss my purse at the passengers seat and start the car, I put my shades and begin to hit the road to the Sanitarium. "I'm mama's coming, Robin."