Enemies from the Past. -Part 4-

There was no need to be alarmed with a battle like that and it was something they usually had in the bag and then everything would have been so easy If the trigger of the ecto-neutralizing ghost gun had not jammed at the crucial moment.

"Oh... this usually gives a twist to the plot." Tucker mentioned after noticing that the trigger would not yield.

Valerie and Sam who had served as a distraction, were now the target of the Lunch Lady and there was no way out of that.

And then it happened. That crazy lady had got away with it and managing to escape. And now they needed more than a bath.

Sam could feel her hair greasy even after taking two showers.

She brushed it with his hands like an obsessive-compulsive maniac, rummaging through the black and long strands.

"Tucker!" Valerie yelled

The geek guy shrugged.

"It was not my fault Val, I swear I give him all the maintenance that the budget allows us."

Valerie observed the careless quality of the weapon she used to use. It was true, keeping them in good condition when they were used every day was expensive. In fact, they did not earn enough for themselves.

She twisted his mouth slightly.

She watched the other girl sitting next to her, as she was concentrating on removing the remnants of that battle from her hair.

"That's why I decided to have short hair, and ... Sam!" She interrupted herself.

"I had forgotten that I was talking to the heiress of an inventor or something." She mentioned, with some emotion.

"Can your parents finance at least enough so that we can continue with the project without problems?"

The gesture of the goth girl fell slightly.

"Hmm... I don't think so guys."

"Let's go! It will only be where we stabilize a little and then we will return everything."

"Val, it's not that. Actually, my parents would prefer to see how this falls on us, to make me see that I must dedicate my life to something "decent" before helping us."

"Believe her, her parents hate this even before Sam decided to pursue it." Tucker knew the problem perfectly with her parents. Their hatred towards this even greater since the accident that almost killed them along with the Fenton marriage. That was a subject they did not usually touch.

Val snorted, sending a strand of hair flying in her forehead.

"Well, it looks like we're going the way your parents want."

That was all and she could already see how what they fought for fell downhill. They didn't find financing despite their service to the community. All the businessmen managed a strict model of work that little went with their style of doing things. A few hours later she would release her frustration with the poor boxing hitched to the ceiling.

Her muscles tensed and the sweat descended. Each of her muscles made an effort to free the cumulus of bad mood that she was.

She hit until the harness that held the bag was untied, causing it to fly off.

-AGGGGGH

And even after that, she remained rigid in her routine.

"Honey... Everything okay? I heard you scream." His father came cautiously, even he knew how bad it was to find his daughter bad.

"I'm fine dad, thanks." She spoke too harshly so that her father did understand that she wanted to be alone.

"It's fine princess, but I'll be available if you want to talk about something. " He said and went downcast.

Maybe too hard, but easily unsettling.

That was Valerie, the weak point of the team's strength.

The bird of prey that was spying through the window flew back to where it came from. Or rather, where they had sent him from.

He entered through the window into the elegant and neat office, to stand on the desk of fine mahogany.

"Well done." He congratulated the creature, then took the landline phone that was next to him.

It was time to start with the plan.

Meanwhile, the girl had finally collapsed. She had subjected herself to a routine fueled by pure anger.

She heard the ring of her cell phone, accompanied by a vibration in her bag.

She got up with some difficulty but the first thing she did was take his water bottle and wait for her breathing to be regulated. She ignored her phone because she didn't want to be heard between gasps of exhaustion.

But even when she managed to calm down, the phone continued ringing. She hoped it was not something important but she would feel guilty for having ignored the call for a while.

"Yes?" She screamed through the line.

"Miss Valerie Gray." She heard a deep voice, and with familiar accents, although she couldn't remember where she had heard that voice before.

"I'm sorry to disturb you at this time, I sure woke you up, I apologized." He lied, because he knew exactly what the girl was doing.

"No, it's okay. Who speaks?"