Enemies from the Past. -Part 7-

Sam saw the secretary cross-legged with her phone stuck to her ear and all her attitude of 'I dont want to be here'

It was evident that it wasn't a priority.

The work environment wouldnt be the funniest in the world and it basically felt back into high school and at least for a moment the goth girl believed it when she saw the tall, stout and blond concierge on his back, figuring in her head that it was Dash Baxter. Luckily it wasn't like that although, the idea terrified her for a moment.

There was a slight clearing of throat but Valerie was desperate and tried to get the attention of the brunette secretary. Her gesture was of annoyance.

"Wait, Star. The work comes together." She covered the telephone speaker with the palm of his hand.

"Can I help you?" She answered sharply.

"Oh yes, it's also a pleasure to see you, Paulina." Valerie answered with her arms crossed, and if she didn't have them in that position, it was sure that her pose would seem to be defense. "But, first of all, you called us here."

The secretary rolled her eyes and it was obvious she knew.

She heard the phone ring and waved to the girl in front of her to answer.

Upon hearing the voice on the other side of the line, the nerves became apparent.

"Mr. Masters. Oh yes yes, I'm going with that." Paulina answered before hanging up. She answered the other phone right after.

"I call you later, Star"

The female voice coming out of the cell phone seemed to want to say something, but then it was cut by the finger of the owner of that cell phone.

"Whatever, follow me... " She indicated as if she didn't have another. Of course, that was the way she was, but she wasn't the only one with a bad taste in the mouth. The trio of ghost hunters were in the same situation.

"I'll take you to the new offices, where I will give you time to install and fit, according to Mr. Masters, in a while I will come back for you to indicate your established hours and start working tomorrow. Any questions?" She turned to look at them and with the look that showed superiority all the time. She watched the only boy in the group raise his hand.

"Good, let's continue." She ignored him completely, leaving him with a frown.

She went to the first door, letting them pass to a beige-walled office perfectly equipped for the comfort of a fan of weapons, sport, more than anything, by some ghost-hunting devices on the shelves. She supposed it was natural because of her trade.

"You guys can be installed and modify whatever." The girl commented without any hint of grace, and is that she hadn't left much in her workplace when she entered. She pursed his lips a little. That looked more like a comfortable resting room for Miss Gray than a workplace.