Enemies from the Past. -Part 8-

There was something very strange about that company and it wasn't just her

It was strange how suddenly it appeared and only in a few years, it's already a bit important in the industry without generating topic of conversation in the middle. It's strange, a boss who is not seen and doesn't appear in anywhere. It dosen't generate any suspicion; but, above all, it was strange that Paulina, the most popular and communicative, worked as a secretary.

And now they wanted to receive them properly, in his words, with a welcome party.

She didn't have much experience, but never heard of a company that did that.

FMasters organization was a mystery.

D.J. Masters, that was the name of the mysterious boss. Sam didn't know if she felt relief or disappointment about it, but at least she was glad that it didn't have to do with Vlad, although in the end he ended up not being the villain, which had worked more than once when they were kids in these adventures She could never forget.

If only they hadn't ended so badly.

She really didn't expect her best friend to have to do with it, but she wanted it. She would love to think that maybe that's why she had accepted without so much protest.

At least Valerie was happy.

For her part, she had no great interest in that party.

It wasn't because of bitterness. She just didn't see the charm in being surrounded by businessmen and pretending employees.

And her parents were even less happy that she joined an organization that specializes in ghost hunting.

Her telephone started to ring. She generally didn't answer it at the time, but that little sound was the one, that Valerie had personalized for when she received her messages.

'I am stuck to the window of your house, leave before your parents call the police'

She smiled, shaking her head.

She immediately went to check that Valerie indeed looked like a starfish attached to the aquarium.

"Manson, I told you we would go out! Why the hell are you still in your pajamas?"

There wasn't even a good morning, as soon as she opened it with that.

"You know that mornings are not my thing." Sam yawned, stretching her arms. It was a good idea to skip the good part of the morning she was conspiring. "And good morning to you, too, Valerie."

"Then come up and change soon, we have a long list of things to do."

"We have?"

"Yes! We have."

"Do I have a choice?"

"No way."

"Ah!" The goth girl exclaimed, going up to his room.