Chapter 5: Fifth floor madness

Days passed, and thing were back to normal and by normal means Julian and Olivia are irritating each other again "Oh come on that was mean. I baked those cookies for you" said Julian tailing Olivia to her locker

"Last time you baked you used salt instead of sugar"

"I told you that was a mistake. The sugar container and the salt thing looked the same"

"Right" replied Olivia placing her books in her locker

"Anyways, do you know that we have this dinner thing this afternoon?" asked Julian

"Yeah, dad literally reminding me every hour"

"Well, dating sucks when our dads are with us"

"It's not a date"

"Same, same"

Olivia turned to Julian "Do you have anything else to do that to annoy me?" she asked

"Annoy? I don't know what you mean?" the other girl replied

Olivia grunted and paced up the stairs leaving Julian in the hallway again. Julian then grabbed her books and stopped by the library to give back the books Olivia borrowed and forgot to give back.

She then made her way to the fifth floor where their first lesson is. But as soon as she reach the top she heard a crowd of giggling and squirming girls. She was curious, so she came closer and saw Olivia in the middle.

Now, she was more intrigued. So, she pushed herself in the front and saw a familiar guy. She remembers him because he always hangs around with Olivia's group and he always touchy and flirty.

He's kneeling on front of the girl and Olivia was clearly surprised. There were rose petal everywhere and she's holding a bouquet of red roses.

Julian sneered because she knows Olivia doesn't like roses, especially red roses because she said that it's too common.

"I know you said you wanted the old-style kind of wooing. And you thought I wasn't paying attention but, I am. I love you, Olivia Anderson. Will you be my girlfriend?" the guy asked and not Olivia was taken aback but Julian too.

Olivia didn't know what to say or even what how to react. For her, Kyle's a great guy, boyfriend material she can't be in a relationship with him knowing that she's engaged. And if she kinda feels bad rejecting him because he's been courting her for about four years now.

"Liv?" Kyle asked still on his knees

"Say yes!" the crowd was cheering

"Go on girl!" Stephanie shouted while taking a video

"Bitch, just say yes or else I'll take him from you!" said Andrei

Now Olivia feels pressured. Kyle's a good friend and she really do like him. But then there's Julian. They never really get along that much, but she's still her fiancé. 'Come on, Liv. Think' she forced herself.

"Yes..." she finally answered

Kyle quickly jumped to his feet and hugged Olivia. And while they were in that position, she spotted a very familiar figure making her way out of the crowd.

Throughout the day, Olivia kept thinking on what she has done. How will her dad react? How will Julian react? Things just bursting inside her head. "Are you ok?" Kyle asked beside her in the canteen

She forced a smile "Yeah, I'm fine" she replied. 'What is going on? I should be happy, right? I made the right decision, right?'

After school, Kyle invited her to go out, but she refused "Maybe next time then?" Kyles asked seating on the drivers' seat

"Yeah" she replied simply

"I'll see you tomorrow then, babe" he said and tried to kiss her, but Olivia turned her head and kissed her in the cheeks instead

"Yeah" she said and got out of the car.

When didn't wait for Kyle to go and just went inside the apartment. She leaned on the door still in shock on what just happened. Then she remembered Julian. She saw her walking away from the crowd and nerve saw her after.

Right on cue, Julian was making her way down the stairs while reading something from her tablet "Hey" greeted Olivia

Julian raised her head "hey" she replied and went back to her tablet

"I guess you already know what happened?"

Julian grabbed an apple from the counter "yeah"

"So?"

"So, what?"

"Uhm... I know you're going to tell dad. So, do what you have to do. I made this decision and I should stick on it"

Julian chewed her apple and stared at the other girl "I'm actually proud of you. It takes a lot of guts going against you fathers' wishes. You're maturing up" Julian tried to sound happy but failing on it. "But, don't worry, I won't tell him"

"You won't?"

Julian shook her head "Well, if you're happy with your decision then I should support you" she took a breath in "In your fathers' eyes I'm still your fiancé, so I'll pretend that nothing happened. And now that you're going out with him, I should lay low and give you two some space"

"Thanks..." that was the only thing Olivia replied