Chapter 6: I'll be home by 6

The next morning Olivia woke up and did her normal morning routine and went down stairs but to her surprise there was no Julian in sight. She just saw a plate of food covered with cling a note saying 'I'll be home by six'

Kyle invited her to go on a date that day and of course she said yes. She didn't want to be a bad girlfriend.

But throughout the day, her mind was somewhere else, and Kyle noticed this "Babe, are you ok?" he whispered because they're watching a movie.

"Yeah, I'm fine" she replied with a reassuring smile

Kyle did show that he's a good boyfriend. He was a gentleman. He opens the door for her, pulls her chair back, drives her. Wat more can she ask for but, she felt incomplete. She feels flattered and thankful that Kyle's doing his best but, somethings missing.

"You've been quiet the whole day. Are you sure you're ok?" Kyle asked again

"I'm just tired, I guess" she replied weakly

"Liv, was it something I did?"

She grabbed his hand "No, no. I don't know. Really thank you for the date. I had fun. I'm just tired. That's all"

He gave her a small smile "Ok, go rest then. I'll see you on Monday"

She closed the door and looked at her phone. It's 4:45pm and still no message or calls from Julian. She's used to her flooding her with messages and calls or emails sometimes but today, none.

It was so unusual to her that Julian haven't said anything just that note in the morning. So, now she's getting worried.

'Where are you?' she texted and went up to change. She checked her phone and saw a message.

'Just got home, babe' it's from Kyle

'Ok' she replied simply and plopped on the couch. She checked her phone again and it's 5:01.

She had nothing to do so, she decided to cook. She knows that Julian would be tired, and she feels bad for making her cook all the time even if she's tired or busy.

She looked for easy recipes on the internet and started cooking. When she finished cooking she was impressed with herself. The seasoning is good, the presentation ins good, now she just need someone to judge her cooking.

She grabbed her phone and saw Julian haven't replied yet so, she decided to call her instead. It was ringing but no one was answering. "What the hell, Julian. Pick up" she left on the voicemail.

She called her a couple of times and a few texts. But saw that it's nearly six and she's probably driving so, she can't reply.

So, she waited.

And waited.

And waited.

"There's probably traffic" she thought. She decided to text her again 'Stop keeping your phone on silent'

'Answer you phone'

'JULIAN!!'

She tried calling her again, but it just goes straight to voicemail. She's frustrated now because it's nine in the evening and there's still no sign of Julian.

So, this time she called Robert, Julian's dad "Hey, Mr Williams" she greeted

"Oh, Liv! Great that you called. How are you my dear?" he asked

"I'm fine, sir. But I was just wandering, do you know where Julian is? Because she haven't replied yet and she's not answering her phone"

"Oh, she has a meeting with a very important client this afternoon It might have gone past the time"

"Oh, thank you, sir. I'll just wait for her"

"Ok, and how many times to do I have to say this, just call me dad, ok?"

"Ok, dad"

After the phone call, she decided to wait a bit more. Maybe Robert was right she just needs to be a little more patient.

Hours passed, and she was woken up when she heard the door click and in came a drunk Julian. She quickly run to assist her and walked her to the sofa. She checked her phone and it's 6:07 in the morning.

"Where the hell have you been?" she asked furiously but the other girl didn't respond. "You said you'll be home by six I thought it's six in the evening not in the fucking morning!" she added "What the heck happened to you? Why are you drunk?"

"I lost track of time"

"Your dad said you had a meeting!"

"I- I got invited to a party so, I was out with some friends. I didn't notice the time"

"It's six in the morning for fucks sake Julian! Why didn't you call or text me back? I was so worried I even called your dad"

Julian rested her head back on the sofa "My friend owns the bar and my phone died. Then my car broke down so, I decided to walk it"

"Why didn't you just call for a taxi?"

"I could've"

Olivia sighed in frustration "I was so worried, I thought something might have happened to you. I nearly called the police. You should stop doing shit like tha—"

Julian pressed her lips on hers