Chapter 11: Apartment 11

The next day, Olivia woke thinking about what she said yesterday to Julian 'you're smart, you're hardworking, you're hot' She couldn't erase it. So, she grunted and went downstairs.

There was no Julian insight again like always. Ever since she and Kyle started dating, Julian kept to her word and distanced herself a bit. And like she said, she didn't say a word to their parents. Inside Olivia, she feels like her days not complete without Julian annoying her.

She sorted things out in the living room when she noticed a photo album. She flicked through it and saw pictures of them together when they were kids, laughing. A smile crept up her mouth.

When Julian and her family moved, she tried her best to continue with her life. So, she did and went to England to study there but then moved back.

But then when Julian came back, Olivia became distant not because she found out they're engaged but because she doesn't know how to act towards the other girl. She doesn't know if they're still that close and with the sudden engagement, everything's too sudden.

She saw a picture of Julian in a dress, probably for their prom. 'I wonder who she went with' she thought all of a sudden. Thinking Julian being with someone else, dancing with them, laughing with them, she felt a strange surge of anger.

So, she closed the album and felt her heart thumping 'what is happening to me? What is this I'm feeling? What are you doing to me Julian?'

To clear her mind, she decided to go to Kyle's apartment. Being his girlfriend and all, she thought there's nothing wrong with that as long as they don't do anything like what the reader is thinking right now.

When the elevator opened she looked for the room and found it. It has a number '11' on the door She knocked and Kyle peaked his head. "L-liv?" he asked in surprise

"Hey" the girl replied and showed the box that she was holding "I bought food"

"Uhm... yes. Wait a sec"

So, they sat in the living room eating cake and ice cream "You're place looks, cosy" said Olivia looking around

"T-thanks" Kyle replied

Olivia turned to him "are you ok?"

"Yeah, it's just we never really did this" he said

Olivia looked at him questioningly "What?"

"No not that. What I mean is, we never really went into each other's houses. We always go out on date. We never really went to each other's house. We never had a day in"

Olivia smiled "Yeah, well there's always a first time for everything" She noticed that he wasn't eating "Don't you like the food?"

"I'm not a fan of cookies and cream but it's good"

"Oh, uhm... We can just eat the cake"

"Yeah... sure"

When Olivia left, Kyle wanted to drive her home, but she declined. On the way home she kept thinking 'that was the most awkward date I've ever been in' because they just sat on the coffee and watched random TV shows and the awkwardness in the air is suffocating.

When she got home she found Julian in the kitchen cooking.

It was ages since she saw the girl cooking again. So, she just sat on the island table silently and watched the girl gracefully cook.

Julian turned and in surprise she dropped the plate "Liv!"

"Clumsy as always, Williams" she teased with a grin on her face

Julian rolled her eyes and cleaned the mess she made "Where did you go? When I got home you weren't here"

"At Kyle's apartment"

Julian nodded her head and placed the broken plate in the bin

"How about you, where did you go?"

"The company"

Olivia felt like something changed about the other girl, and she doesn't know how to explain it. Yes, she's still the serious Julian but she's not the playful Julian anymore "Hey, a-are we good?" she asked

Julian turned to her questioningly "Yeah, why?"

"N-nothing" Olivia brushed it off "Just cook me something, I'm hungry" she ordered.

Julian gave her a curious face "Why? Didn't Kyle take you out to eat?" and grinned "or did something else"

"You and your perverted brain" said Olivia "Just cook me something. It better be nice and ready when I get back"

"When's the last time I cooked something not nice?" Julian shouted but Olivia slammed the door. When Olivia got back she heard Julian on the phone "Yeah" she smiled making Olivia curious "Sure, I'll see you then" she said and hanged up

"Who was that?"

"Just a client"

"What's with that smile on your face?"

"What smile?" Julian asked and turned to the stove

Olivia stood beside Julian "Who was it?"

"Like I said, she's a client"

"So, it's a she. Julian you better not have other women aside from me" she threatened

"Can you just eat?" she placed a plate on the table "And I don't have other women"

"You better"

"Why would I have another when I'm already marrying the love of my life" she whispered