Chapter 16: 16.99

On the way to home, Julian stopped by a shop and bought a few things "That'll be 16.99" all together ma'am" the cashier told Julian.

She gave him a 20 and because she was in a hurry she just told the him to keep that change.

When she got home, she found to figures in the living room. She saw bottles of alcohol on the ground and Olivia on the couch "Hey" she said quietly

The figure turned to Julian "sorry I called you. I don't know how to deal with her so I thought you might know"

"Thanks Steph. I'll take it from here"

"Ok"

So, there's juts the two of them now "Liv" she tried to assist her, but Olivia just swatted her hand

"Leave me alone!"

"Come on, let's go to your bed"

"I said leave me alone!" said Olivia and tried to chug another bottle but Julian took it from her

"You're drunk. No more"

"But I want to drink!"

Julian handed her a bowl "Eat this instead"

Olivia saw what it saw and started eating the cookies and cream ice cream. While the other girl is eating, Julian tidied up the mess she caused.

She was so shocked when she received the call from Stephanie. She didn't even know she has her number. She told her that Olivia called her and found her on a bar drunk. So, she took her home. She didn't tell her why she got drunk though.

When she finished cleaning, she sat down next to Olivia who was still eating her ice cream and seemed to sober up now.

They sat there for quite a while silently.

"Mind telling me why you got drunk?" Julian asked breaking the silence

Olivia didn't answer

"You were out with Kyle. What happened?"

The other girl still didn't say a word

Julian losing her patience turned to the other girl frustratedly "Olivia! Dammit"

"He broke up with me!" shouted Olivia finally responding. Julian was taken aback. "And you know what the reason is?!" Julian gave her a confused look "It's you!" Olivia pointed a finger at Julian "He broke up with me because of you"

"I-I'm sorry" Julian said and tried to stop the girl from hitting her by hugging her

"It's because of you" Olivia cried out and gave up hitting the other girl and just gave in

"I'm sorry"

The next day, Olivia woke up in her bed. She didn't know how she got there. All she remembered was after Kyle left her, she went to the bar and had a few drinks. Then she called Steph to drive her home.

She remembered pieces of the conversations she had with Julian

"He broke up with me because of you" she said while hitting Julian. Then she remembered Julian restraining her and apologising.

Her head throbbed and saw a tablet and a glass of water in her bedside table. So, after taking it, she sat on her bed for a couple of minutes.

Remembering what happened yesterday with her and Kyle "Let's stop this Liv" said Kyle

To her surprise she didn't feel hurt as much as she imagined. Matter of fact she felt 'free'

Then she remembered what Kyle said before he left "Liv, I think you know this isn't what you want. Goodbye. I hope she treats you right"

And with that she remembered Julian. It's true, she and the other girl have been hanging around more but that just felt normal and fun. It didn't have any meaning, right? She asked herself.

All she knows is that she enjoys spending time with Julian and she somehow makes her happy. But she shook that thought off.

No, it can't be. I can't develop feelings for her. Like we're both girls. But not that there's anything wrong with that. It's just the last time I checked I'm straight. I can't be attracted to girls.

She went downstairs and saw Julian cooking.

Though she was the last person she wants to see right now, she has to face it being they live in one house and its inevitable to hide from her.

So, she quietly approaches the girl. She stood by the table. She always admired how Julian does everything so perfectly. Like she makes it into a form of art like she's dancing gracefully while cooking.

Ever since they were young, Julian's always been like that. The perfect student, the perfect daughter, the perfect friend.

And that's why Olivia always looked up to her and that also why she was devastated when she left. Like he lost her friend, her sister, a part of her.

It's really hard not to fall for you

Julian seemed to notice "L-liv. You're awake" Julian stuttered

Olivia just gave her a small smiled and took a seat

"H-here I made you breakfast" Julian offered but Olivia refused and just took a bottled water from the fridge and went back to her room.

Julian was left there feeling confused, but she remembered what Olivia told her yesterday "He broke up with me because of you"

She looked up the stairs where Olivia disappeared from

'Maybe she's angry at be because of yesterday. But then again, why would Kyle break up with her because of me?'