Chapter Three: "What Could Possibly Go Wrong?"

"MADISON!"

"Oh dear," Madison mumbled before turning to see an incredibly angry Carter speeding her way.

Carter's face was darkened with soot and her hair was filled with a glittery, black powder.

"Permission to kill Lee?"

"Permission denied," Madison said, looking over the girl's now ruined clothes and sooty appearance, "What the hell happened?"

"Lee dropped the package of Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder and it blew up in my face!" Carter exploded.

A powder covered Lee rounded the corner with his hands raised in surrender.

"It was an accident! I swear!" Lee exclaimed in his own defense.

"That's what you always say!" Carter retorted.

Madison furrowed her own brows. This was getting silly. She had to do something. Anything to make them get along. She got an idea.

She grabbed a hold of their arms. "Follow me."

Madison pulled the two into the office.

"Wands," she demanded with an outstretched hand.

"What? No way-"

"WANDS!" Madison demanded louder this time in her best mom voice. Both of them scrambled to get their wands and handed them over, fearful of their friend.

"Thank you," Madison said before quickly backing out of the office and slamming the door shut.

"Hey! Let us out!" Carter exclaimed, banging on the door.

"Not until you sort this all out," Madison said, locking the door.

Madison walked away, leaving the pair to their screaming match.

"Where're Carter and Lee?" Fred asked after a while, "it's too quiet around here."

"Fred, we're in a joke shop. This place is never quiet," Madison reminded.

"Well it's quieter than usual."

Madison explained what she did to the pair and when she finished, Fred looked at her skeptically.

"Are you sure that's the best idea?" he asked.

"Yeah why not?" Madison replied nonchalantly, "What could possibly go wrong?"

"A lot," Fred mumbled.

Around noon, the Weasley crew piled into the joke shop with Hermione and Harry in tow. Hermione was sporting a black eye.

"Did you win?" Madison asked, pointing to the eye.

"I wish," Hermione admitted, "But that punching telescope of yours really did a number on me."

"Oh blimey, I forgot about those. Here," Fred piped up, pulling a little medicine jar out of his pocket.

"I always hated those things," Madison commented as Hermione began applying the bruise remover on her eye.

"Just keep dabbing that on, it'll be gone within the hour," Fred said, "We had to find a decent bruise remover. We're testing most of the products on ourselves."

Hermione quirked her brow. "Is he serious?" she asked Madison.

"Unfortunately," Madison said, "the earlier models of the punching telescopes were extra powerful."

"This is safe, isn't it?" Hermione asked, suddenly stopping the cream application.

" 'Course it is," Fred said. "Come on, Harry. I'll give you the tour."