Chapter Five: "What's a Slughorn?"

"Madison!" a familiar voice shouted down the hall.

"Where?" another voice questioned.

"There!" a third chimed in.

Madison turned and watched as Mallory, Carter, and Blaire raced through the crowded train corridor.

"Oh hey guys- oof!"

The trio knocked the wind out of Madison as they collided with her.

"Need. Air. Need. Air." Madison began turning blue before her friends relinquished their death grip.

"I feel like I just got choked out by Devil's Snare," Madison said. "So do you guys wanna find a compartment?"

"Oh we already did," Carter said.

"Oh cool, then lead the way."

When they reached the compartment, Madison plopped down onto the cushioned seat.

"I'm exhausted," she stated as she slid into the corner and pulled her feet up into the seat.

"How come?" Blaire asked as she settled into the seat aside Mallory.

"Long night," Madison said.

"Ooh," Mallory said with a suggestive look.

"Looks like someone succumbed to Fred's pelvic sorcery after all," Carter added with a smirk.

"Oh like you're one to talk," Madison chided. "Why don't we talk about what the abuse my desk suffered because you succumbed to someone's pelvic sorcery?"

Carter turned as red as a beet.

"We put a towel down," she muttered.

"A towel didn't help when my ears were poisoned by how loud you were being."

Mallory and Blaire watched them with wide, confused eyes.

"What the bloody hell are you- OH MERLIN IS THAT A HICKEY?!"

The group suddenly turned to see the ugly purple bruise on Carter's neck that her collar couldn't quite cover.

"No," she tried to lie.

Mallory wasn't putting up with any of that shit.

"Tell me everything."

Carter did.

She started from the very beginning when she and Lee had started secretly dating. Madison helped fill in some holes here and there when she started talking about work at the joke shop and ended with the gory details of their office hookup.

Blaire fell completely silent as she seemed to struggle to process the idea that Lee and Carter fondued.

"So..." Mallory began, breaking the uncomfortable silence, "it is a hickey?"

Carter and Madison sighed while Blaire just slapped her forehead.

"All of that," Madison said, "and you're still focused on the hickey?"

"It's a pretty big hickey."

There was a knock on the compartment door before it was opened.

"Oh hey, Derek," Madison said with a smile.

Derek, who was now a third year Ravenclaw, was one of her pranking proteges. He helped her out in her big prank against the twins in her first year residing at Hogwarts.