Chapter Twelve: Fred's Left Buttock

The Hogwarts express travels at full speed through the snowy fields and over frozen lakes. In a compartment sits Mallory, Blaire, Carter, Madison, and Sara. Grace was  pulled out of school a few weeks prior. But the group has a feeling they'll see her again.

        Still the compartment stays awkwardly quiet. Perhaps they worry too much. But perhaps they don't worry enough.

        "So," Madison said, breaking the silence for the first time since they entered the compartment, "we never discussed everyone's plans for the holidays."

         "My plans aren't all that interesting," Mallory states, "visiting my mum's muggle relatives. They're loud, but damn good cooks. The best macaroni and cheese, I shit you not."

         Blaire laughs. "I hope so if I'm coming to visit," she adds to her girlfriend, "I just hope they like me. I still haven't met them, yet."

         "They'll love you, doll," Mallory said, draping her arm on Blaire's shoulders and pulling her close.

        "I'm actually meeting Lee's family," Carter said, obviously anxious, "her mom seems kind of intimidating from what I've heard from Lee."

        "They'd be crazy not to like you," Madison offers.

        "That's what Lee said."

        "Are you staying with them the whole holiday?" Blaire asked.

        "No. We're just having dinner and visiting for a bit. I'm staying with my grandmother the rest of the holidays."   

        "Well that shouldn't be so bad."

        "Maybe not, but magic kind of freaks her out. But it'll still be fun."

        "What are your holiday plans?" Mallory asked Sara.

        "Well I'm actually gonna spend part of it at the dragon sanctuary," Sara said excitedly, "but it's mainly for an interview. They were impressed after my apprenticeship and would like to take me on full-time."

        "That's amazing!" Blaire said, "how long have you known?"

        "Well about a month actually," Sara responded, "I wanted to tell you guys sooner, but I didn't wanna mention it sooner and not get it, ya know?"

        "We understand," Carter responded reassuringly, "when would you start if you get the position?"

        "That's the bummer. They'd want me to start immediately. I wouldn't get to come back next semester. But with how everything has been going, it might not be a bad idea."

         The group fell silent. She was right. It's become dangerous to exist in the Wizarding world. But it's not very safe anywhere anymore.

         "Will we see you again?" Madison asked.

         "Of course. You guys don't think I'd just disappear, now do you?" Sara responds with a chuckle.

         "You have to send loads of letters," Carter demands jokingly.

         "Naturally," Sara responds before turning to Madison, "and how will you spend your holidays?"

         "I'm staying at the Burrow," Madison says, "it's gonna be interesting though since we haven't told his family yet about the engagement."

         "Will they take it well?"

         "I really hope so."

         Some time passed. Mallory and Blaire fell asleep a half hour ago. Carter wandered off to visit. Sara became engrossed in a book about-(you guessed it)-dragons. Maybe now would be a good time to approach Harry about what she'd overheard the night of the Christmas party. She doesn't fully understand the situation, but an Unbreakable Vow definitely isn't a good thing.