Chapter Three:The Feast

My parents returned me to the village later on. I walked slowly to my tent and sat down. I didn't want to go to Swellview. Back when we were in Brooklyn, I was a nobody. I used to get bullied sometimes but my best friend used to stand up for me. I was a scaredy girl who loved school and hated violence. But now? Now I was the queen of the jungle. I had defeated bad guys in the village and forest. If I went to Swellview , I'd be a nobody again. Helaki stormed into my hut, angry for  some reason  I didn't  feel like knowing.

"What was the 'big news' your parents were talking about?" She watched  me as I placed my face in my hands.

"I'm going to Swellview." I  stated in a bored tone.

She laughed heartily like I was joking. I frowned. "Wait? You're serious?" I  looked  up  at her.

"Yes, I'm going tomorrow morning. My lovely parents bought the ticket long time ago. "

"Wait no no no that can't be happening. You're the tiger virago.  You're supposed to stay here to protect the village." She started to  fuss.

"They don't care."

I could feel tears stinging my eyes. I brushed them off quickly. I had never let anyone seen me cry ever since I became the tiger virago. It wasn't  allowed.  Crying  was to show a sign of weakness.

"So you have to tell the king that you're leaving." She said. I groaned because  that meant I had to  see the prince.

"Yeah. Let's go."

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I entered the king's throne room. I knew he was not going to be happy with this but I had to do what my parents told me. When we reached before him, I bowed.

"My king...."

"Ahh, tiger princess you do not need to bow before me." I stood up and Joman entered the room. We did a stare down till he sat down by his father. I hated  him with all my being.

"Any good news?" He asked.

"Yes good news." Joman said glaring daggers at Helaki and I. I almost glared back at him but I didn't  want to  disrespect the king.

"Unfortunately, it's bad news for the Tiger Princess." Helaki said.

"What is it? Roxella let some evils kill the animals? Or she doesn't know how to train her troop? Or she came to resign......" Joman started to  imagine the things that may have gone wrong. None of  those had ever happened but it was a good thing he dreamt about  them. I glared at him.

"I don't know what  actually  makes you think that but it's  good to  know you dream horrible  things about  me. It means you  acknowledge  that I'm  amazing. " I said  with  a smile.

"You b....."

"Enough!" The king shouted.

I didn't want to laugh at Joman's facial expression so I bit my tongue and I could taste the copper taste of blood. If it wasn't mine I would love it. I sighed. Now it was time to tell the king.

"My king, I'm leaving Ziabali. I don't know if it's for good but I'm not coming soon."

"What? Why?"

"I need to go to school. At the end of the day Joman is always right. I'm just an American."

I expected Joman to be happy but he seemed sad. This was so shocking to the point I didn't know what to say.