Chapter 12:The Secret gets out

Henry's POV
"Hey Char." I greeted her as she got out of the elevator.

"Hi." She looked lost or scared in a way. I couldn't really read the emotion on her face but I could  tell her mind wasn't  here.

"What's wrong?" I  asked.

"Nothing, Henry." And she went straight to the computers. The last time Charlotte was like this was the time when Jasper's girlfriend who was a psycho slept in her room. Did Roxy do something? I doubt because Roxy has been less sassy and quiet since her incident. I didn't like it. It was like  she  had become  a whole  new person. I missed her making fun of Jasper and I and scaring everyone that came her way. I had never seen a girl as crazy as her. A few minutes  later, Jasper and Ray walked into the man cave from Junk n' stuff and as always Jasper was annoying him.

"Take him." Ray grumbled.

"Come on Jasper." I said while pulling him." Do you know what's going on with Charlotte?" I whispered to  him.

"No, ever since yesterday she's been acting....... weird." He answered.

We walked up to her and she was reading about shapeshifters and tiger myths. That was......a weird thing to read about. Ray who had gotten a sandwich from the auto snacker was behind us also peering to see what Charlotte was doing.

"Charlotte." I called her. She didn't take her eyes off the screen. I called her a couple of times until she responded.

"What, what?!" She seemed alarmed.

"Is anything wrong?"

"No." She answered meekly.

"Are you sure?" Ray pressed on.

"We are worried." Jasper added.

"There's nothing wrong. Get away from me." She tried  to hit us and  failed.

"Why are you reading about shapeshifters and tiger myths?" Ray asked.

"Don't lie to us. I'll just keep on asking you." I said staring at her seriously.

"Okay." She said breathing in deeply." What I'm about to tell you might scare you or creep you out." She started, taking huge gulps of air. This better be something good. "It's about Roxy." My heart skipped a beat when I heard Roxy's name. Is she dead? She hasn't been herself for the last two days so that can be possible. I hope that's not it. "She is.......or used to be.........half human,half tiger." She said slowly while looking at the ground. She's gotta be joking, right?

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
Roxy's POV
Henry: Hey can you come to my house?

Me: I'm exhausted and I really don't feel like it. Aren't we going to see each other tomorrow?

Henry: Please. It's important.

My phone  almost toppled  to the  ground because of my groaning. What did he want? It was almost six which meant almost dinner time. What if...... what if that criminal came back to assault me? I was scared to death by him. But I bet talking to Henry would be better than lying down on my bed. If I had my other half, I would be training but.........my phone rang.

Henry: I need your answer.

Me: Fine. I'm coming. It better be important.

Henry: And what if it's not?

Old me would have threatened him. But I didn't.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I entered his house to find Piper screaming at the TV. "Uhmmm........ Piper, what's wrong?" I asked. She turned around and smiled before hugging  me.

"How are you doing?" She asked  me.

"Fine, you didn't answer my question."

"I was trying to dance and I couldn't get this stupid belly dancing move."

Back in Brooklyn, my best friend was the best dancer I knew. She said I was good too but I doubted it. We used to dance all the time. Since I couldn't fight anymore...... I could give dancing a shot.

"Maybe I can help you. Let me see it."

We headed towards the TV and she pressed play. It was a young girl belly dancing and she did it well. I removed my shoes.

"You just got to be flexible." I showed her how to gyrate her hips and to be flexible. "You're getting it. I don't know if I can beat you."

"Are you kidding? You're a pro."She  said  with a smile.I felt eyes on us only to find Henry at the base of the stairs watching us.

"You didn't tell me you knew how to dance?" Henry asked pretending to be shocked.

"I used to dance. I'm considering of doing it again." I clarified. Henry seemed to think about what I had just said. "So what's so important you couldn't tell me tomorrow?" I asked while wearing my shoes.

"Follow me."

"Okay?" I was unsure of where this was going to go but I followed him up the stairs. He led me to a room that looked cool.

"This is my bedroom."

"It's awesome." I complimented as I looked around. I felt his gaze on me. Old me could have snapped at him." Can I sit on your bed?" I asked him. He agreed and sat opposite to me. I hope he started talking because the silence was getting weird.

"Don't be angry or scared of what I'm about to tell you.....or ask you I'm not sure." I nodded. "Charlotte told me that you're half human......half tiger. Is that true?"

My breathing rate increased. She told them? After she promised me she wouldn't. I started to hear laughing in my head and I didn't like it.

"Roxy?"

All of a sudden I got a sudden surge of energy in me. My powers were coming back? I had to hypnotize him. It's the only way before that dumbass of a cousin got here. I turned on my tiger eyes. It was kind of painful to do it but it's all I had. Once I did it, Henry stared at me in a way I didn't like.......

"Wow," he said smiling, "your eyes are ......"

I started to mutter the only spell that my eyes used.

" They are beautiful."That made me pause.No one has ever told me that. I was always  told they were  menacing,  scary, freakish but not beautiful. No no no I couldn't think that way. I continued the spell.

"Just continue staring at my eyes. Don't look elsewhere." I whispered till he was fully hypnotized. "Sit on the couch." I ordered him and he did what I told him. I was feeling a little weak but I had to call Charlotte so she could explain this to me. As I dialed her, I looked at Henry. He looked motionless, like he was dead. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this. What if someone entered the room? But she has to explain to me why she broke my promise.

I kept on pacing around the room. Why wasn't she answering me? The door flung open with Jasper shouting," You're not going to get her!"

I jolted from where I was standing. What did that even mean? Jasper walked up to Henry. " The J train couldn't let you take her."After a few minutes he started waving his hands in front of his face. " Henry...... Henry." He faced me. "Roxy what's wrong with Henry?" I guessed my facial expression gave me away.

"What did you do to Henry?" He asked. "We all know you're not fully human." He said taking steps towards me. "Answer me!"He  shouted. I had never seen this side of Jasper.

"I'll ask again: what did you do to Henry?"