Chapter 18: The Elders

" Henry we don't even know if these elders have powers." Charlotte  said,  clearly  not happy with  my plan.

"But we have to try. She just got them back like half an hour ago." I reasoned with her but it didn't seem to work. I looked at Jasper as all he did was sulk on my couch. Something had changed about him, this dark aura that I couldn't understand.

"You know what I think you should do," Jasper said as he walked towards me," Leave her alone. She's a monster. If they're going to kill her, fine by me. She needs to be eliminated." I gasped at his words. He looked at me directly into his eyes and I could see that his eye colour had changed to green. Dark green.

"Dude, are you okay?" I asked as I slowly approached him." You don't look good and you've never talked about killing someone." Once I reached him , I went to touch his face but he grabbed my arm, almost twisting it. He tackled me to the ground. I tried to fight back but he had all this energy until I couldn't get up.

"It's either I kill you or her." He growled.

Roxy's POV
I turned and twisted in bed. Something wrong was happening and I couldn't guess what it was. My phone rang, startling me. I looked over to Charlotte's bed to see she wasn't around. She was actually the one who sent me a text.

Help. Jasper's attacking Henry.

I quickly wore a jacket and ran out of our room through the window. Once I reached Henry's house I actually smelt another animal in his room. I slowly climbed the wall stealthy using my claws to grip on the wall. Once I reached the bedroom window,  I peaked inside.

"Roxy will die and no one will mourn her death ."

"I'm not so sure about that." I said standing inside. I did a flip and landed on the ground. " Let go." I ordered and he did." It's not cool, Emaku that you're taking over my friends." I heard my cousin and Hart gasp.

"Took you long to realize " Jasper said." Or you didn't have the claws?" I growled as I kicked Jasper in the face. He stumbled back a little and ran towards me but I ducked. I watched possessedJasper trying to fight me. He was a little clumsy and had big feet ( which was just totally weird. They were not normal.) which made his footwork clumsy. He turned around and swung a punch at me which I blocked. Then I tripped him in which he fell and I glared at him in the eyes. Jasper's eyes also glowed a Jade green before his eyes came back to normal. I changed my eyes quickly only to come back to Jasper who asked, " You wanted to kiss me?"

I groaned and got off him." No." I retorted.

"Emaku had possessed Jasper?" Charlotte asked.

"Yes and don't say his name. Names have power." Charlotte wanted ask another question and I said, " he was here. That's why I said his name.  I still don't understand how he did it." I sighed." Goodnight." I said it kinda angrily because I knew what was going to happen in the next few hours.

"Roxy?" Henry called me. I turned around slowly and looked into his bright brown eyes. It was like he was struggling to tell me something." Goodnight." He gave me a small smile. I nodded and got out through the window. In the back of my head something was telling me that I  should  go talk to him but I threw  those thoughts  aside. I was going to  meet the elders  soon.

Morning came quickly. I was up by dawn. I crawled out of bed slowly and showered. I didn't know when they were going to appear but I had to be ready for it. I washed my hair making it kinky and unruly again. I sat by the window and waited.

"What's happening?" I heard Charlotte ask.

"Nothing. Go back to sleep." I told her. I had decided I wasn't going to let them take my other half. It had become one with me and I wasn't going to feel like I had been stripped naked again. Charlotte didn't go back to sleep. She went to the bathroom and I sighed. I get that she wanted to support me and all those other stuff but still.......

The scenery quickly changed as I felt morning dew on the ground." Roxy." I looked up to find my best friend.

"Hi. How are you doing?"

" Okay. I'm awaiting the elders."

"You will meet them on natural grounds. The forest." I nodded and Charlotte's bedroom came into view. I opened the bedroom window which made an alarm besides Charlotte's bed ring.

"What!" Charlotte came out of the bathroom fully dressed." Do. Not. Follow . Me." I ran out quickly knowing she'll need a car to catch up with me.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<
I entered the center of the forest and found  them standing in a straight line. It was sad that this meeting  was here  in the forest where  the grass  was green and  the trees stood tall. The morning  light was seeping through  the branches making the whole place lit. "Hello Roxella."

" Hello elders."I sighed loudly, this was crazy. I looked into their faces." So you're here to take my other self. Is it because I'm female? Or it because I'm from America and in America?" I knew I was disrespecting them by talking English and inappropriate but I didn't care." You know what I think, it's bull! The tiger warrior before me is here, in Swellview. You're not even safe here."

"No they're not ." I groaned. This dimwit couldn't leave us alone. He shot an arrow which I flipped and protected the eldest  elder as I acted as defense, attacking when I'm attacked. I saw Kid Danger swing by and kicked Emaku in the back. I groaned loudly which I'm pretty sure everyone heard.

"Who is the American?"

"A hero. Helps people. He has the speed of a cheetah when it comes to fighting." It sucked to be giving Henry credit but, hey he'll never hear it.

"Does he know about you?"

"No. I don't know him either."

"How did he arrive?"

"I don't know." I answered but I was pretty sure my prying cousin told him to get here. I mostly watched them fight. When Emaku saw he was being overpowered he ran into the forest. Kid Danger followed him. Helaki's dad spoke first," I think we have all seen that you need the tiger within ." They all nodded. These  stupid.....

" Thank you." I said as I watched.  I didn't  like  them, not even  Helaki's  dad. I didn't know  much about  their magic except the teleportation and telepathy.

" You have to be careful. He acts like a fox who has embraced the characters of a snake. He will search for your weaknesses and use them against you. You need to brave and strong. May the tiger spirits be with you."

"I will be careful. Thank you. Have a safe journey to the motherland." I bowed to them. When I turned around, I found Kid Danger seriously watching us and what was happening. " Hi."

"Hey." He looked at me for a little a bit, more than normal. He was standing  in the sunlight making his dark blonde hair shine  dully and  I had to look away  a little  a bit to get myself together.  He looked  more handsome  in the sunlight.

"How did you  know I was here?" I asked with a frown.

"Your cousin said you were running off through the woods so I searched for you and found  you." He said as he walked  closer to me.

"Okay." I said calmly, then I looked at him straight in the eye." Number one, I hate being followed and number two never listen to what my cousin says again." I said seriously.

"Okay. I will." He seemed a little startled when I poked his chest with my index finger. I hated that he was taller than me. I started to walk away when he asked me," Is that a native language, the one you were talking with the weird looking men?"

"Yes." I answered quickly and ran. I didn't understand why he asked that question then  my eyes widened when I remembered what I told him outside my aunt's house yesterday. But he'll never figure it out, I think.

I know it's been long since I've written this book and I was reading a few chapters back and I was like,  woah I wrote this? Since we have to stay in our houses24/7 ,I'll keep the chapters coming. Please vote and comment.
- Tanya-