Chapter 26: Snake Bites

At this very moment I was wishing I had eaten raw meat but the last time I ate was two weeks ago. My energy was replenishing very quickly." What do you mean a distraction?" Ray asked from the driver's seat.

"Look, the tiger warrior didn't know we were going to leave the dance. That's why he set a fake emergency putting it at Henry's house knowing we would rush to the place." I explained.

"So that means he knows who we are and something is happening at the school." Henry said. I nodded but Ray blurted out,

"I still don't get it." Henry and I both groaned.

"Just drive." I watched as we passed buildings and I was wishing he would hurry up. I didn't know what the tiger warrior had planned for the school but I didn't like it at all. Once we reached the school block we saw people running out of the school screaming. Ray stopped and we all ran inside. I could smell a snake like person in the building. I followed the smell to find  the snake. I met up with a human like person that had brown hair that was flying in all places. When it turned around slowly, I saw the scales on the face and the red snake like eyes.  It also had fangs that were dripping with blood. I roared as  my claws, teeth and eyes came out. The snake started to run away and I chased it but when it took a corner, it disappeared. I couldn't get any sniff of a snake and I couldn't see it anywhere. I growled and ran back to the rest of the team.

"Did you catch it?" Henry asked.

"No. It just disappeared from existence."

"She's going to die. Kid Danger call 911." Ray said sadly as he tied a piece of the girl's lavender dress on her neck where she was bit. I frowned as I watched the girl gasp for air and Ray talked to her quietly saying she was going to live. Which was a lie. I could smell her body starting to rot from the inside. I frowned and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?"Ray asked.

"I'm  going to search for the other dead bodies."I could smell them rotting. I didn't know what the tiger warrior wanted but only that he wanted my power to be stronger. I hated seeing dead people and I couldn't help think I should have done better.

<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~<~~<~<~<~<~<~
Three people were dead. Three. We didn't know anything about the creature or of its poison but it annoyed me. I was angry the tiger warrior was doing this. People hadn't been dying unusually for fifteen years in Swellview but it seems like I came up with the problem. I hated defeat.

"Roxy, you okay?" Henry asked looking me worriedly with his brown eyes which lately I found adorable.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I hadn't realized my breathing rate had increased. I tried to breath slowly but I couldn't. There were too many things that were going wrong: deaths, snake creatures, the tiger warrior, I had let my guard down repeatedly, like the way Henry was about to kiss me. I wasn't going to repeat the same stupid mistakes I did when I had just become a tiger virago. I wasn't going to. Once Ray stopped I quickly got out of the van heading to where the tubes we're located. Once I reached down, I couldn't help but pace.

"Hey " Jasper said as he touched my shoulder. He backed away, I guess because of how my eyes were looking; green and angry.

"Roxy what's wrong?" Charlotte asked as she came into view." You better not be changing."

"Changing into what?" I heard Jasper ask . I heard Ray and Henry come down the tubes and I realized if continued this up, trying not to be angry, I could stop breathing.

"What's wrong with her?" I heard Charlotte ask worriedly.

"Ah, there's nothing wrong. Maybe she's just overwhelmed by the deaths." Ray said like it was a thing to push over.