Blind • Part 2

I sat quietly by Harry's bed side, holding his hand tightly in mine. I just wanted to climb next to him and lay on his chest. His doctor offered to give me a room to sleep in, assuring me he'd get me as soon as he woke up. But I refused it, I wasn't leaving his side. I've barely slept for two days. He went into surgery yesterday, it was a tricky one. Especially considering the amount of nerve damage he had in his eyes. It wasn't guaranteed he'd regain full sight, but we were told that he should be able to see somewhat at least.

Its been an emotional year for us, finding out that the surgery was even a possibility was incredible news but it wasn't free. It cost me over half my savings. He wasn't going to do it, he refused actually. Harry always was very stubborn when it came to people helping him out.

I went behind his back and did it. There was no way I was letting him give up this opportunity, especially because when he found out about the surgery he was over the moon. It was hearing how much it cost that broke his heart.

He was upset for weeks and offering to pay for it just made it worse, he was stubborn. He was furious when I told him I got him an appointment to set up a date but I would have done it over again. If it had cost me every penny I had, I still would have done it. He deserved this, more than anyone. He's gone most of his life not being able to see the world and he always talked to me about a dream he had of exploring, travelling to every country. I was going to help him make it a reality.

It was 8 months later now. Here we were, finally making it happen. After settling with the fact I had paid for the surgery, he became so excited. I haven't seen him happier than these past few months. He skipped every where we went, especially in the week leading up to now. It was so sweet, seeing him so happy and excited about regaining some of his sight. Its been 14 years since the last time he saw the world and all its light. Its been a long journey to get us here but it was so worth it.

I lifted my head off of the bed, looking to see Harry still asleep. I smiled a little, bringing his hand to my lips. "I can't wait to show you the world baby" I say softly, reaching out to brush his cheek. I was so in love with him, blind or not. He meant everything to me, its been amazing to see him grow so much as a person since I've met him. I've changed a lot as well, he's made me see everything in a whole new perspective.

"I promise, I'll take you everywhere you want to go" I say, taking his hand in both of mine. "I'll take you to Italy, France, Japan and I'll take you back to my home in the US and we'll go on road trips" I smiled at the thought of really travelling the world with him, I was lucky enough to grow up in a somewhat wealthy lifestyle. I got to travel at young age and I wanted to bring Harry to all the places I loved.

I jumped a little when I felt his hand squeezing mine. "Harry?" I ask, watching as he began to wake up. He reached up, touching the bandage around his eyes. "Surgery's all done baby" I say, squeezing his hand tightly. I pressed the red button by his bed, signalling a doctor. "It's still dark" He says in a raspy, tone. I chuckled, kissing his hand again. "It will be for a little while, until the doctor comes in" I say softly. "Hopefully we can go home today" I say, wanting to be alone with him.

"Hopefully I can see" He says, tugging a little on the bandage on his eyes. "Hey, don't play with it" I say grabbing his free hand. "I know you're eager baby, so am I" I was, I wanted to take it off too. I wanted him to see me, to see the smile he put on my face everyday. I dont think he realizes just how happy he makes me, it's sad sometimes to see how much he doubts himself. I thought he was the most amazing man in the world.

"I wanna see you" He said, whining just a little bit. I laughed more, standing up and leaning over the bed to kiss him. He was such a sweetheart and he always used that little whining voice when I wouldn't give him something he wanted.