• Queen Of Screams •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Ash •

My head rested in Griff's lap as we watched  Zuri, Jorge, and Tiffany play tetherball. "I'm so glad we're together again." I beamed. "Me to." He replied, running his hands through my hair. "Ew! Get a room!" Jorge grinned. We both stood up quickly as Tiffany began to walk around while ranting about the mail.

"Why do you want the mail? Every week you get the same postcard from your mother that says, 'Don't Disappoint Me'." Zuri questioned. "We're expecting a package from the world-famous horror novelist Stephanie Queen." Tiffany explained excitingly. "Why would you two be getting stuff from her?" I asked.

"Actually, we both entered her annual scary short story contest." Jorge told us. Both began to ramble on about their books, but all I could do was stare at Griff. I really did miss him; and it seemed almost unreal to be here. "Hello?" Zuri mumbled, dragging on the 'O'. "Sorry." Griff and I murmured in unison.

"Jorge, Tiffany, you two got a package from Stephanie Queen! I loved her book 'The Crowded Coffin'." Lou exclaimed as she strolled in with the mail. "Me too! It proved you could fit 20 bodies in one coffin, if you cut them up the right way." Jorge explained. Zuri, Griff, and I all looked at each other worriedly, then cracked a smile.

"Anyway, the winner gets to bring five friends to meet Stephanie Queen at her summer cabin." Tiffany rambled. "So? Open the package!" Jorge squealed. Lou opened the box and handed Tiffany a bright red gift box and Jorge a small mail letter. "Gee, I wonder who could have won." Griff said sarcastically.

Tiffany popped open the box to reveal a Jack-in-the-box telling her she lost. "I lost?" She thundered, a frown beginning to form on her face. "I probably lost to some professional writer who sent in their story." She muttered. Meanwhile, I turned to Jorge as he opened his letter. "I WON!" He shouted. We all turned to him as he showed us his winning certificate.

"Or to someone who still says 'puh-sketti!"

"Thanks again for inviting us Jorge." Lou thanked him as we approached Ms. Queens house. "I can't believe Jorge took a shower!" Griff chuckled. "Hey! Meeting a famous person is one of my top three reasons to bathe." He reported. "Uh Guys? I think we're here." I told them as we approached an abandoned looking cabin.

"Oh! I hope she's serving puh-sketti!" Jorge wished. The house looked old and creepy, which caused me to grip onto Griff's arm tightly. "What's up?" He asked me. "This house is creepy." I replied simply. "Well, if you're gonna keep holding onto me than we should come here more often!" He joked. "Wow! I guess she hasn't sold as many books as we thought." Tiffany whined.

"Yeah I've heard of a fixer-upper but this is a burner-downer." Zuri muttered. Jorge walked up the steps to the doorbell and rung it. "Greetings!" The scarecrow sitting at the side of the house jumped up at us, and we all screamed in terror. "I do that to everyone who comes to my door. Which might explain why the pizza guy won't deliver here anymore."