• Fourth Of July Special •

• Ash's Outfit •

• Ash •

"Ash!" Zuri called. "Come over here!"

I grunted softly as I set down my book, walking over to the bathroom where Emma and Zuri crammed me in beside them both.

Immediately, Emma attacked my eyes with eyeshadow and mascara as Zuri applied lip gloss to my lips.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed.

They finished a minute after that.

"There," Emma said. "Done."

I sent the two a glare. "It's just a Fourth of July party. Nothing special about it."

Emma glanced at Zuri before turning to me. "It's technically a date between you and Griff so..."

She trailed off.

"Shut up," I muttered.

We stepped out into the Great Lawn where everyone was already dancing to music and drinking punch from brightly colored red, white, and blue cups.

Lou handed me one as I approached the dance floor. "HAVE FUN!" She screamed. "BE BACK BY 11!"

I winced before nodding. "Hey," Tiffany said from beside me.

"Hi," I said.

"I don't get it," Zuri began, stepping up to stand next to me. "Why do we have to celebrate something that we didn't do."

"Well, we did do it. The American Revolution is a crucial part of American History, which is why we celebrate it—"

Zuri cut Tiffany off. "It was a rhetorical question.

Someone tapped my shoulder from behind. I whirled around to face them, smiling immediately as I saw who it was.

"Hey," he greeted.

"Hey," I greeted back.

He slipped his arm around my waist before turning to Zuri. "Mind if I borrow her for an hour or two?"

Zuri crossed her arms, but nodded. "Sure, just don't kill her."

Griff waved his hand before leading me towards the dance floor. Once we arrived, I placed my hands around his neck. Griff places his on my waist.

We began to sway to the music, moving side to side slowly.

"You remember last year?" I asked him. "The dance?"

Griff nodded. "Heh. Yeah. You looked beautiful that night."

I blushed and nodded. "And I don't look beautiful this night?"

Griff gasped playfully. "What ever do you mean?"

We both laughed softly at that. Griff twirled me around like a globe, saying sweet compliments every second.

"Alright, Alright!" Jorge exclaimed through the microphone. "The fireworks are about to go off in 10 minutes!"

"Did we even get legal permission to set these off?" Someone on the side of Jorge asked.

Jorge shrugged. "I doubt it. Anyway, head over to the lake to get a good view."

Griff grabbed my hand, tugging me towards the lake. Once we got there, we both sat down on the dock.

The fireworks erupted into the sky, sending various shades of blue, red, and white into the night view.

I leaned into Griff's shoulder. "It looks amazing."

He dipped his head down to kiss me. "It does."

I smiled and leaned further into him, taking in the scent of his cologne. Slowly, I drifted off into a comfortable sleep as I listened to the sound of Fourth Of July in my ears.

hi guys!

as you may know, im currently in Italy! more specifically, Rome!

i know it's a bit early—two days—but i wanted to update this story just a little bit more.

so, that is why i made this Fourth Of July special! ive never made a chapter dedicated to a holiday before, but i think this one is ok.

well, im signing off for the next 10 days, so let me say, I LOVE YOU and i hope you spend your Fourth Of July watching Stranger Things S3!

-maya❤️