11

De Ja's P.O.V

We finally made it to the gates of Michael's house and I have to say the house on the outside alone is absolutely beautiful. I didn't know what to expect his house to look like, but this wasn't it. I bet the inside is even more beautiful than the outside. Michael got out first and went around to my side to open the door. He grabbed my very jittery hand and helped me out.

"There's really nothing to worry about."

"I know that in my brain, but my heart is saying something else." My heart was beating a million miles a minute and we weren't even at the door yet.

"Don't worry about a thing okay." I took a deep breathe and looked him straight in his eyes

"Ok."

" Ok now we go in." He held my hand and we walked to the front door.

Michael's P.O.V

Before I was even able to open the front door mother beat me to it and De Ja hid behind me. "Michael welcome home."

She hugged me and I hugged her back. "Is everyone here?"

"Mmhmm. We've been waiting for you and your friend." She peeked behind me.

"Is this her?"

"Yes mother this is De Ja."

"Well hello little miss. Its nice to meet you."

"Hi. Nice to meet you too Mrs. Jackson."

"Oh no no. You can call me Ms. Katie."

"Oh well ok then." Mother grabbed her hand and pulled her from behind me.

"You're shy aren't you?"

"Just a little."

"Well you're very beautiful De Ja."-

"Oh thank you Mrs. um I mean Ms. Katie."

"Well let's go inside so you can meet everyone else."

"Ok then."

Mother then led De Ja inside and I could see she was getting more comfortable with my mom.

Katherine's P.O.V

Michael didn't tell me she was this shy, but I can't wait for her to open up to us. We got to the family room and everyone was minding their own businesses. "Ahem." Everyone turned and looked at me.

"This is our guest De Ja." She shyly smiled and waved at everyone.

"Mother she doesn't know how we are." Her smile went away.

"What do you mean La toya?"

"Yeah what do you mean?"

"We don't wave when we meet new people."

"You dont?"

"No. We don't shake hands either."

I was really wondering where La Toys was going with this. I can see that De Ja was getting scared about what she meant.

"What do you do then?"

"We are the Jackson family. So we are huggers." She then pulled De Ja in to a hug.

"Welcome to our home."

Michael's P.O.V

After La toya hugged her everyone else that was there one by one hugged her and introduced themselves. "Now who was the one who said you had nothing to worry about."

"If I remember incorrectly it was you. Thank you Michael." He hugged me tight.

"There is no need to thank me."

"Wait there's someone missing.Mother where's Janet?"

"That's a good question."

"I'll go see if she's in her room. Wanna come?" I asked De Ja cause if Janet loves her then she's a keeper. Janet and I are so much alike so I have a good feeling that she'll like De Ja.

"Sure I guess." I grabbed her hand and we headed up to Janet's room.