One

"Mother what is it?" My small voice is soft as it passes my lips, nearly a whisper compared to all of the loud screams and harshly shouted words that echo on the house walls around us.

"We are under attack." Her deep voice is strong, full of power and knowledge that she has shared with me, and to anyone that heard her it would seem as if she were angry, but that is not the case. That small quiver within her voice is not anger or rage at the fact that we are under attack and our people are dying, but fear because of who it is that is attacking us and why.

"Is father fighting them?" Her bright green eyes darken at my question making the fear within her known to anyone that should look her way.

"Yes my child, your father is in battle." Her deep voice is nothing more than a whisper as it passes through her blood red lips and I look at her in understanding but remain silent as she rushes into her and my fathers chambers. I feel her muscles coil beneath my small fingers as she leans against the largest wardrobe in their room only to begin pushing it to the side making the wood screech against the floor as it moves until she has it reveal the deep sapphire wall behind it. Once she sees the wall she stops pushing the wardrobe and moves a single arm from around my thin waist to send her long nails into the wall only to pull open a small door leading to an even smaller hiding place within. I feel her long fingers wrap around my waist only to pull my small body away from her own as she sits me inside of the hiding place within the wall. The moment that I am able to feel the cool floor beneath me I tilt my head to the side making my long hair fall into my face only to ignore it as I look past it to take in each of her beautiful features.

My mother was always said to be one of the most beautiful women to live, not only because of her outside appearance, but also because of her personality. With her six foot two frame comes soft muscles to outline her body perfectly and along with those muscles are the curves that most women pray for. She has a sharp yet strong jawline, her cheeks are hollow and held up by high pronounced cheekbones, she has a small yet sharply tipped nose with a light splash of freckles on the bridge leading out to her cheekbones, her lips are not only full and plump but also a deep shade of blood red, her long raven black hair is wavy and travels along her spine to the back of her thighs with two sharply pointed ears that always find a way to poke past the thick strands, and she has glowing emerald green eyes with silver flames that wrap around the pupils.

Unlike my mother my father is six foot six and made of pure muscle. He has a sharp and strong jawline just like any other Fae. His cheeks are hollow with high pronounced cheekbones to hold them in place, his nose is not long but slightly small with a hitch in the bridge where it had been broken in a fight during training with his own father and brothers, his deep blood red lips are also full and plump with a scar that rips through his top left lip. He has the same long silver white hair that travels in soft waves to his lower back that each of his brothers and mother have, he has sharply pointed ears that he is never able to keep hidden within his thick stands of hair, and his eyes are a deep sapphire blue nearly purple with golden flames wrapped around his pupils.

"How long do I have to remain here mother?" My eyes meet hers as she kneels beside me to cup my cheek in her long delicate fingers, but my attention is on the tears that have found a way to crawl along her cheeks as if a dam had been broken making my heart throb painfully within my chest as my own eyes begin to fill with tears at the sight of hers. I had never once seen my mother cry, not even when her own parents had died, she never shed a single tear, yet now they do not seem to be able to stop.

"Until it goes silent my child or when you hear your Uncles call for you. The people here are very dangerous, very ruthless, so I do not want to see or even hear that you had left here until everything is over, until it is all silent." I have to force myself to nod at her request, I may be a young child but I understand perfectly what it is that is happening, and what it is that she is preparing to do for my sake.