Five

Dravens POV

The shrill sound of a phone going off fills my ears making them twitch just behind my hair which forces the sharp tips to poke out of the thick strands. Even from where I stand leaning against the rough bark of the tree forty yards away from Hunters office I am still able to hear him speaking into his phone as if he were just beside me instead of being forty yards away hidden behind the closed windows leading to his slightly oversized office.

"Alpha Hunter." He pauses for a moment before he drops his pen and leans back in his chair making the leather crinkle from his movements. "Hello Justin, I was only a minute away from calling you." I roll my eyes as the words pass his lips. When he is working he does not stop until he has finished whatever it was that had needed to be done. It would have no doubt taken him another two and a half hours to finish before he had even thought of lifting the phone. "So I heard. I also heard that Luna Sadie of Lake View Pack had been killed. Her head had been cut off and her body nailed to the side of a playhouse in the middle of their Packs playground." He pauses once more, this time he taps his long fingers on his desk as he listens to the Alpha of Ravens Claw talk of what had happened at his own home not even a day ago. "The woman you speak of and the woman that had killed the Luna may sound similar but they don't share the same appearances. The woman that had killed the Luna was said to have light blonde hair and bright blue eyes with tan skin and a scar going from her upper left lip to her jaw and down along her neck to her shoulder. Maybe they both work together." I nearly roll my eyes again at his words. He is an Alpha, he should know that it is easy for someone to simply dye their hair to alter their appearances, and fake scars are easy to make with the right makeup usage if not glamoured to do so instead. "You wish to help her? What the hell fo-?" It is as if his breath stops in his throat just as fast as his deep voice does and I tilt my head back to look at the windows making sure that they are still secure. "What do you mean she had pictures? What kind of pictures?" His deep voice is now full of curiosity and slight rage as it leaves him and I lift a brow at the sound. "It was the same thing at the park. Before she left she took the Lunas daughter to one of her guards and put a stack of pictures right in the pocket of his shirt then left in shadows. If she is the same woman then how the hell is she getting the information so damn quickly? It would take us years to find all of this out but she finds it in a matter of not even days but hours." His chair creaks as he leans forward and he lets out a low sigh. "I'll call Dare, we can all meet over at his place tomorrow. He told me that he's supposed to have another Alpha visiting him, so try to behave." He gives a soft chuckle into the phone and I turn in my tree only to jump into the tree in front of it. "Yes you too, I will see you tomorrow Justin."

He hangs up just as I land on the branch he allows to hang just beneath his window. It takes me no longer than a second to pull a knife out of my pocket and force the lock back before I push open the window and sit on the sill resting just behind him. "So what is it that had made Justin keep from killing her?" My deep voice fills the silent room making him shrug as he lets out a low sigh and rubs his face with his large hands.

"I'm honestly not sure. He said that he wishes to meet Dare and I to talk it over and show us what exactly she left, and what exactly she did."

"Are one of you going to get the pictures from the other man she gave them to or do you wish for me to go collect them?" I give a soft tilt of my head making my dark hair fall in my face and he tilts his own with a soft smile on his lips giving me the answer I need.

"Would you mind?" I look away from him with a shrug of my shoulders as I lean into the windowsill.

"I would do anything for you Hunter, you know this. It will take me a few hours to get there and back. Do you wish for me to kill a few of their men while I am at it?" He looks to his desk and purses his plump pink lips with both of his brows furrowed making me lift one of my own.