Thirteen

Davens POV

I watch her move around my room as I lean on the wall across from her with my arms crossed over my chest just as they always seem to be. She has one of my large shirts hanging on her small frame and a pair of my sweatpants pooling around her long thin feet with each step she takes making her long delicate fingers tighten where they rest around the waistband as they try to fall off of her thin frame but it does not truly seem to matter to her as she takes in everything, or there lack of, that rests along the walls of my room. "You do not own very much do you?" My lips twitch into a small smile at her question and I cannot help but to lift a brow as I think of the cave that she had taken me to earlier today.

"I own no more than you do." She tilts her head to the side making her damp hair trail over her shoulders and into her face as she does so.

"I suppose that is true." I shake my head with a soft chuckle leaving my lips as I step away from the wall and nod to the door on the other side of the room.

"Are you ready to go back to Hunters house now? We can come back after if you wish, if not I am willing to go back to your cave." As an answer to my question she walks away from my empty walls and wraps her small yet strong fingers around my wrist only for those odd shadows of hers to form within the room as they bunch up around us seemingly to suck us whole only to spit us out in Hunters office where he lifts a brow as he looks up to take us in.

"Is that as disorienting as it seems to be?" His question makes Zilla tilt her head and look to me as if silently asking me if it is as he thinks it to be and I shrug.

"Not as much as I had first thought it would be, after a few times you get used to it." He nods at my words making both Darrin and Justin chuckle before they look to Zilla and take her in nearly making me growl at them. I catch it just before it is able to pass my lips and push it away as my eyes move back to the beautiful woman as she walks along the room trailing her long fingers over each of the books spines.

"What is her name?" Her deep voice fills the room with ice as it leaves her making each of the Alphas within the room shiver as it does so.

"Tasha." She tilts her head as Hunter speaks but says nothing as she stops beside Darrin with her long fingers slowly tracing the old spine of a deep blue book that each of us has read at least a thousand times.

"Zilla, may I ask what your fathers name was?" Darrin tilts his head as he speaks to her but she does nothing more than trace a finger over each of the beautifully written silver letters that are running along the spine of the book.

"May we at least know the name of the Kingdom you were born in?" She looks over her shoulder to look at Justin making him smile at her but she does nothing to return it.

"Knowing the name of my Kingdom is just the same as knowing the name of my father." I feel my lips twitch at her words and Justin frowns as she turns away from him to look at the book once more. "I assure you Alpha, that soon enough each of you will know the name of my  Kingdom, my father, and myself." I frown at her words but say nothing as each of the others lift their brows in curiosity.

"If you wish to borrow the book you don't have to ask before you do so." Hunter leans his head on his folded hands just before she looks over her shoulder to take him in as if to see if he is lying or not. Then, once she has seen no traces of a lie, she turns back to the book only to ever so slowly, and as gently as she possibly can, pull the book from the shelf and walk in front of Darrin to sit within the chair between him and Justin.

"It has been a very long time since I have had the chance to read a book. So I thank you Alpha Hunter." Her eyes meet his and he smiles at her as if he is seeing a child with their favorite toy.